Update re Teri

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad that things are looking up for ya hunny!! 2008 is YOUR year!! :hug:

Just popped on to say "Hi" and to let you all know that we have been put forward for 2 houses since I last spoke to you all and have not qualifed for either.

There are lots of families that have 3 kids instead of 2 so we are behind them.

Spoke to my mp today and asked her to find out when the next batch of houses in the new building site are up for rent, she can find all these kinds of things out.

Simon has done his back in sleeping on the futon, its not the most comfortable bed in the world I must admit.:cry:

My car has been broken into 3 times now, little sods nicked my handbrake and gearknob this time, couldn't start it though the battery was flat.:lol:

I have met a lovely elderly lady, abut 4 months ago, she is 95 and has no-one to look after her so I have been going in twice daily and doing her meals, making her bed, washing,cleaning all that kind of thing and she is sooooo very grateful. She is an absolute pleasure and it makes me feel better about our own situation by helping her out.

We have been talking to the social services about me becoming her official carer, I'd like that.

Had quite a few sets of nails to do of late and the last new client has gained me 3 new clients so things are looking up in that respect.

Anyway big snugs to you all and look forward to getting a hose so I can get back to my chats and being blessed with all your wonderful knowledge.

Teri x:hug:

aww hun , hope you get sorted soon , gosh its draggin on aint it :eek:, i hope you get sorted soon hunny , and its fab to hear you are doing ok despite the rubbish time you are having :hug:

I shall keep fingers crossed about house hun........glad things re getting back to normal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

aww nice to hear from you hun, glad your ok, just wish you'd get sorted hun, how long can they keep you waiting? fingers crossed you get some good news soon hunny

and just shows you what an amazing person you are Teri, lots of people would be feelin sorry for themselves and feel they had enough to contend with, not you, you've taken on looking after someone else, your an angel hun you really are, you deserve some happiness soon babes xxxx:hug:

Really hope you get sorted soon xxxxx:hug:

its nice to have the update:)

you seem very positive, despite your mixed blessings.

best wishes to all of you for a happy future.:hug:

Nice to see you again.
The elderly lady must really enjoy your visits and your help.
Good luck with everything.:hug:

So glad for you Teri...things are looking up! :hug:

only just spotted the update, You are a real angel Teri, I'm so glad that you and this lady have found each other, good for you both I think, hope you're back on here full time very soon:hug:

Nice to hear from you hun :hug:
Its good you are finding things to keep you busy and I bet the old lady is very grateful for your visits.
Take Care xxxxxx

I've only just seen this update Teri ... good to hear from you.

Fingers and toes crossed everything works out for you and your family soon.

Take care :hug: xx

Sending you & your family big hugs. :hug: You have a heart of gold & I only hope someone can help you out of this situation really soon. :hug: :hug: Keep smiling & we're here if you need us.

aww nice to hear from you hun, glad your ok, just wish you'd get sorted hun, how long can they keep you waiting? fingers crossed you get some good news soon hunny

and just shows you what an amazing person you are Teri, lots of people would be feelin sorry for themselves and feel they had enough to contend with, not you, you've taken on looking after someone else, your an angel hun you really are, you deserve some happiness soon babes xxxx:hug:

Here here. couldn´t have put it better myself :hug:

I MISS YOU TERRI!!!!!!!!!!!
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Well here I am, still alive!!

Thought it must be time for another update.

No good news still I am afraid. Still in a pants 1 bed flat, aged about 30 years, well bloody fed up with it now, we all are.

We have been homeless a year in June.:irked:

The next lot of houses coming up in the new building site will now be in December as the builders are running behind schedule :rolleyes:.

Our rent has gone up again and we were sent a breakdown, it proved to be very interesting.

We are being charged 60p a week "homelessness personal charge" and £25.86 a week "homelessness communual charge" on top of our rent and all the other charges. When I asked my housing officer what they were for he said " the government do not fund Lewes District Council enough money to supply the post of temporary Housing Officer so basically the money we pay covers his wages and administration" WTF!!!:eek::eek:.

In effect we are paying over £100 a month to be homeless and apparently this is totally justifyable. This shouldn't be allowed, I've had enough.

To make matters worse a client of mine who was living at her mothers' house with her son and pregnant joined the council housing list last October, she was housed last December, no b&b, no temporary accommodation nothing.

AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

It's really dragging on.

My little old lady (I have discovered) has some kind of persecutary dimensia, she thinks that her neighbours (and me sometimes) are trying to kill her, it's really upsetting and sometimes i thought about giving it up but i can't, she has no-one and when it's good, it's great.

Well, on a positive note, Simon has asked if we can set a date for our wedding (finally) Hooray!! and of course I LEPT at the chance, so it's looking like August 09, providing we have been housed. I'm sure we will be by then.

My eldest has got into college which is fantastic considering she has nowhere to study here, she's doing her exams at the moment so that's pretty tough on her too but i am so proud she hasn't let any of this s**t ruin her chances.

Anyways thats me and mine, hope you're all cool and life is treating you well.

Massive snugs to you all and thanks for all my wonderful messages, if I haven't got back to you, so sorry but don't get on the laptop much and I am still trying to figure out the new system.

Lots of Love

Teri x:hug:

The strenght you display is incredible, I don't know how you do it. Thats brilliant about your wedding, congratulations on that and here's everything crossed you get a house by then. Those homeless charges are obscene, I am so shocked.

:hug::hug::hug:

The strenght you display is incredible, I don't know how you do it. Thats brilliant about your wedding, congratulations on that and here's everything crossed you get a house by then. Those homeless charges are obscene, I am so shocked.

Me too!!

I have written to the prime minister and my local mp, just waiting to hear what they have to say about it, think Mr Brown might be busy with other things at the mo though :).

Teri x :hug:

Great to hear from you hun...was only wondering the other day how things were with you when I came across one of your old posts.

Congrats on the wedding plans...and hoping you get back here more regularly with us one day soon :hug:

Stay strong Teri, it's so good to hear from you. I can't beleive it's nearly a year, that's outrageous :irked:

Latest posts

Back