Update re Teri

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor love this is getting beyond belief.

How can she try and settle and adjust/cope with where she is if they keep bloody moving her?!?
I hope this doesnt go on for to much longer for her, sending positive thoughts/hugs and best wishes Teris and her familys way.:hug:

Please pass on my love and best wishes :cry:

Keeping everything crossed that things improved soon for her and her family x

OMG - Poor Teri. There are heaps of decent, clean places she could be put in if the council bothered to find one, with Eastbourne being a 'seaside resort' there's hundreds! I konw there's a lot of horrible flea-ridden places there too - did she tell you the name of the place she's staying in? I can remember the name of a couple that you wouldn't house your worst enemy in - I hope it's not one of those.

Chin up Teri - I really hope they find you somewhere nicer soon.

Jackie
x

Oh Poor Terri

I Will Pray For Her

It sounds awful, I hope she gets sorted soon xxx

Quick update - Rachaelg, a geek who is also a journalist and knows a lot of peeps on the 'Argus' which is a South Coast paper has been in touch re this thread.
Rachael has offered to use her contacts on the Argus to get Teri's plight in the paper - what a star:lol:

Nothing like a bit of geek power to get things sorted - go Rachel! I hope Teri can find some good permanent accommodation soon. Thanks for keeping us updated Adele :hug:

Rachel I am sure Teri will be over the moon with your offer I think we should all contact Teri's local council and offer our support ......... Geek power as Sass calls it :)

Rachel I am sure Teri will be over the moon with your offer I think we should all contact Teri's local council and offer our support ......... Geek power as Sass calls it :)

I was just thinking a similar thing, maybe we could start a petition.

Lets hope she now gets the support she needs and deserves.

x x x

Quick update - Rachaelg, a geek who is also a journalist and knows a lot of peeps on the 'Argus' which is a South Coast paper has been in touch re this thread.
Rachael has offered to use her contacts on the Argus to get Teri's plight in the paper - what a star:lol:
Funny thing, I was going to ask if anyone has a newspaper connection:lol: Sometimes I think they do this because they see decent peeps and think if they give them a rough ride these peeps will sort themselves out, the council spends so long with its nose in the sewer that they forget that sometimes good folk reach a place where they need help to.:rolleyes: Thinking of you Terri and if you want to chat, call me and I'll call you back:hug:

Hi there

If the Mp doesnt get it sorted then maybe a call to the local papers will speed up the red tape and get things sorted. Its not true that all publicity is good.... local councils wotn want their dirty washing aired in public

Hope things get better soon terri
Tough times make us stronger

Hiya all my geeky friends,

I've managed to get a quick mo on my sisters' pc and firstly wanted to say a massive thankyou for all your support and well wishes.

We are OK!

We have been placed in a 2 bed flat within the Lynwood Hotel in Jevington Gardens, Eastbourne, it is better than the second place they put us.

Adele is right we are all being bitten, Graces' asthma seems worse and we still have NO HOT WATER whatsoever, they have offered to move us again to another part of the building where there are some real unsavoury characters, Simon would have to take another day off work for filling out forms and it's unsafe. Also we don't want to move the kids again!! So we are staying put.

Our rent is £416.50 a week here and as yet have had no help with housing benefit, we pay water rates, hot water :irked:, tv licence, electric and gas all on top of this.

It seems that they only really want to help people if they don't want to work.

Spoken to my mp this morning who is very nice but as yet no real breakthroughs, it looks like we could be there for quite a while yet.

On a lighter note, we found an ice-cream parlour and the kids have been playing on the beach alot in the rock pools and stuff.

I set the fire alarms off last night cooking burgers :o

Lots of love to you all and hopefully speak soon!

Teri x:hug:

Hiya all my geeky friends,

I've managed to get a quick mo on my sisters' pc and firstly wanted to say a massive thankyou for all your support and well wishes.

We are OK!

We have been placed in a 2 bed flat within the Lynwood Hotel in Jevington Gardens, Eastbourne, it is better than the second place they put us.

Adele is right we are all being bitten, Graces' asthma seems worse and we still have NO HOT WATER whatsoever, they have offered to move us again to another part of the building where there are some real unsavoury characters, Simon would have to take another day off work for filling out forms and it's unsafe. Also we don't want to move the kids again!! So we are staying put.

Our rent is £416.50 a week here and as yet have had no help with housing benefit, we pay water rates, hot water :irked:, tv licence, electric and gas all on top of this.

It seems that they only really want to help people if they don't want to work.

Spoken to my mp this morning who is very nice but as yet no real breakthroughs, it looks like we could be there for quite a while yet.

On a lighter note, we found an ice-cream parlour and the kids have been playing on the beach alot in the rock pools and stuff.

I set the fire alarms off last night cooking burgers :o

Lots of love to you all and hopefully speak soon!

Teri x:hug:

Yay, good to hear from you hun. Glad things are ok (as well as they can be anyway)

Love Rachel xxxxx:hug:

good to hear from you teri xx

take care x

Teri I will text my number to you babes :hug:Thinking of you xxxxxxxx

Have only just seen this thread, but have been wondering how things were going. Really, really hope you're not there too long, I can't imagine what it must be like.:hug: That rent is absolutely extortionate. How can they justify that?!:eek:

Lots and lots of love Teri, and we're all sending good vibes your way.:hug::hug::hug:

How much?? Are they having a laugh??
I'm glad to hear you're coping well and I hope things move quickly for you.:hug:

I really hope things get better soonxxxxxxx

Thinking of you all terri,big hugs to you all xx

Latest posts

Back