update.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jo sims

Reaction score
I guess that i am not the most popular person on this site after my last atemp. What a lot of you dont understand is that i am not English and that it takes me ages to wite these threads. The first time i can to this site i was murdered for my choise of words, so this time i will be most careful. What i have to update you about is that the salon in Loughton that was perviously owned by a Creative trainer (teacher) has now re-opened under a different name and is now what is know as an non standard salon. I have been in just to take a look at the place and there is no doubt that these, dare i call them chinese tech's are using MMA as i said they would be in my original post.

This is the bit that i dont understand. Creative, as a company are one of the leading campainers agains the use of MMA yet one of there trainers sells thire salon as a going concern to poeple who use the very products that they campaine against.

Many of you told me about a local person in loughon who has been a major campainer against these type of salon and the use of MMA, i cant recall her name. However the person in question knows of this sale and is said to find it amusing.

For all of you who cry business is business, yes i agree but i also think that it is a little hypercritical of these particular creative reps. now honestly would you sell your salon to these people to go out there and do the damage they do.

please tell me do you think these sellers should have thought twice about who they were selling to or is it just me.

jo sims said:
What i have to update you about is that the salon in Loughton that was perviously owned by a Creative trainer (teacher) has now re-opened under a different name and is now what is know as an non standard salon.

Where abouts in Loughton Jo? I was only down there the other day and it was still the Creative Nail Spa or something? Maybe you are talking about a completely different salon along there cos I assumed originally you were talking about the High Street?

hmmm.

I still dont know which 'trainer' you are talking about here. If you are talking about Tracey Leja, I couldnt imagine her laughing about something like that after the countless hours she puts into the anti-MMA movement.

All that aside... it truly does suck if its a NSS... but I still fail to see how someone who sold a salon is responsible for what the new buyers do with it.

THE SALON IS IN lOUGHTON HIGH ROAD. IT IS CALLED reGAL NAILS AND IS WHERE THE CREATIVE NAIL SPA WAS.

ME GEEK I SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMMING FROM BUT PLEASE TELL ME THIS AND BE HONEST, IF YOU HAD A SALON TO SELL AND YOU KNEW WHAT THE PEOPLE YOU WERE SELLING TO WERE GOING TO DO AND YOU DIDDNT AGREE WOULD YOU STILL SELL AGAINST ALL OF YOUR PRICIBLES ??? OR IS BUSINESS JUST BUSINESS WHEN IT COMES TO THE CRUNCH.

jo sims said:
THE SALON IS IN lOUGHTON HIGH ROAD. IT IS CALLED reGAL NAILS AND IS WHERE THE CREATIVE NAIL SPA WAS.

Wow - I am really surprised then - maybe the banner hadn't come down when I went past then huh. That's a real shame for the clients, but then its a great opportunity for other CND techs to fill the void if they're not going to be doing Creative enhancements!

I still think its a very difficult call to "police" who you sell to though - after all, someone else could take it over only for it to then be sub-leased to someone else. CNS may not have been the landlord and not therefore in a position to dictate who did or did not take over the business....dunno....it is a shame, but I am certain Creative would be disappointed to see this happen but neverthless be unable to stop it if it is not within their power...

Just my humble opinion but I do understand where you're coming from.

Nope, it would be unethical.
Saying that though... you never know all circumstances behind the sell. Was it for sell for awhile? No other offers? Had to get out from under it or lose the house?

Im not trying to make excuses for the situation, I just dont want to pass judgment not knowing the situation.

I guess I think of it like selling your car.

If the buyers turn out to drink and drive in it... is it your fault? I personally wouldnt think so, though I would still feel a little guilty about it. Even more so if I knew that person may end up drinking and driving before I sold it.

i have read these posts a few times now and the way i see it is like this......when selling a car or a home or a shop, whatever your principles may be, you would have to be either a fool or pretty well off to knock back a good offer on your property, regardless of who was offering it.......

its like if you had your own nail buisness and someone offering you £10 to do a set of nails and someone offering you £30, you wouldnt knock back the £30 offer and take £10 would you, buisness is buisness and i believe that you have to grab the best chances that you can these days....

i know what you are trying to say but you dont know the circumstances behind the sale, could be personal problems where selling up was the only way to go, and from what i see and read these salons dont seem to last very long once people get wind of the way they work so i wouldnt worry about it too much

sorry if i whittled on a bit there and no offence meant to anyone but i just wanted to put my views across

stanleyann

Just a thought, how can you be certain that it is MMA......... Did you manage to get hold of some monomer and have it tested???
We had a while back here on this site a sample tested and that took time................but we made sure that it was tested...................To make sure we had all the facts before we shouted MMA............
If they are using Masks and a drill, then that is no indication that they are using MMA.....Just an assumption...................They might be a NSS type salon or they might just be a discount salon..........

Just a thought, and then I do have many............

Also another thought....
If you know they are using MMA for certain then you can report this to the local council.......Tracy has done lots of work with them for the fight against MMA and they have a prohebition in Essex........... The council will just have to be made aware of this....So if it is yes then report it with your findings and stand your ground !!!!!!

Thanks for all your reply's just another thought that i had on this matter and waould also like to know how you feel is that if the seller of this particular salon is a campainer or part of a company campianing to get these non standard salons shut down for use of MMA then surly it is a somwhat dishonest thing to do, i mean to sell to some one is ok but to then campain to get them shut down is just disgraceful. the fact that this salon was owned by a creative trainer is fact and you all tell me that creative are major campainers in the fight to ban MMA, SO PLEASE MAKE YOU OWN ASUMPTIONS. but in my opinion this could make creative look very bad. if i had'nt spoken with you people then i most def would not touch creative with a barge pole. i still havent trained with them and one thing is for sur eif and when i do it wont be with the hipocrits in this area, however nicer kind of people they are they dont practice what they preach and that to me is one of the biggest sins out there.

Right Jo - let's get this straight once and for all,SO THAT EVERYONE READING THIS POST can know the facts involved ... beacuse I HAVE CHECKED THIS OUT thoroughly and your accusations and assumptions are INCORRECT.

My investigation has shown that this salon has NEVER been owned by a Creative Ambassador. It was owned by a young entreprenur 'guy' and Lauren Muretti (the daughter of the Creative sub-distributor in the area) worked at the salon and did treatments.

So, now we know the FACTS and that this salon has no connection to Tracey or Mike Leja (the sub-distributors) OR Creative Nail Design - - the owner had EVERY RIGHT to sell to whoever he wanted and it is none of our or Creative's business who he sold the salon to. Creative has no ownership connection before or since with this salon. Does this info put things in perspective now?????????

I suggest you go and take a sample their monomer liquid and GET IT TESTED BEFORE you accuse this new salon owner of using MMA; this has now been suggested as a course of action to you on a number of occasions - Once you have tested the product, ONLY then will you TRULY KNOW!!! It is a very dangerous passtime to make assumptions and to hurl accusations --

i'm sorry jo but everyone is replying to your posts with the same thing.....how do you know for definate about the mma and do you know all the facts about the sale of the shop....seeing as you have not answered these question then i take it the answer is no

we all know what you are trying to say but untill you have all the proof you need to confirm what you are saying then i still think its unfair to judge people the way you are doing, especially the creative tech who sold her shop....as the nail geek says, this tech maybe sold her shop to someone on the understanding that it would stay a creative salon, or maybe she just had to sell up through personal problems that meant she could no longer keep the shop going and as i said in my previous post...buisness is buisness when it comes to keeping your head above the water

as for not going to train with creative in the area you are talking about, i really think you are cutting off your nose to spite your face there....how can you judge everyone in the area the same as you are judging the tech who sold her shop.....i will say for the last time how unfair it is to judge the tech who sold her shop without concrete evidence of what you are saying, but to judge everyone like that....well, i'm sorry but it just doesnt meke sense to me :rolleyes:

stanleyann

Mrs Geek said:
Right Jo - let's get this straight once and for all,SO THAT EVERYONE READING THIS POST can know the facts involved ... beacuse I HAVE CHECKED THIS OUT thoroughly and your accusations and assumptions are INCORRECT.

My investigation has shown that this salon has NEVER been owned by a Creative Ambassador. It was owned by a young entreprenur 'guy' and Lauren Muretti (the daughter of the Creative sub-distributor in the area) worked at the salon and did treatments.

So, now we know the FACTS and that this salon has no connection to Tracey or Mike Leja (the sub-distributors) OR Creative Nail Design - - the owner had EVERY RIGHT to sell to whoever he wanted and it is none of our or Creative's business who he sold the salon to. Creative has no ownership connection before or since with this salon. Does this info put things in perspective now?????????

I suggest you go and take a sample their monomer liquid and GET IT TESTED BEFORE you accuse this new salon owner of using MMA; this has now been suggested as a course of action to you on a number of occasions - Once you have tested the product, ONLY then will you TRULY KNOW!!! It is a very dangerous passtime to make assumptions and to hurl accusations --

oops...you got in there just as i was typing out my post mrs geek :o

now come on mrs geek. it seems to me that if you would have done any looking into this situation you would find that my facts are not untrue. there is truth in what you say but is there more to the picture than you have painted. i am not in the habit of making up stories so please answer these questions for me. this guy who ownwd the salon who is he. Are you sure that the creative rep who worked there was not awaire of what the bussiness was to become and please give me you opinion on the fact that if the seller has any ties to any creative rep that campains against this sort of salon then was it moraly correct to sell to somone who you plan to ampain against. business is business but what about business ethic and morals.

jo sims said:
now come on mrs geek. it seems to me that if you would have done any looking into this situation you would find that my facts are not untrue. there is truth in what you say but is there more to the picture than you have painted..
So far you have not put forward any facts that I can see.
What you posted was that
(1) the salon was owned by a Creative Ambassador (untrue) and
(2) the salon now uses MMA (you don't know this and altho you seem passionate about this issue, you so far have done nothing to prove your allegations) and
(3) The vendor knew that the salon was going to use MMA ( How could you possibly know such a thing and how would the vendor know as I'm sure the buyer would not have made it obvious to him.)

jo sims said:
i am not in the habit of making up stories so please answer these questions for me. this guy who ownwd the salon who is he. Are you sure that the creative rep who worked there was not awaire of what the bussiness was to become and please give me you opinion on the fact that if the seller has any ties to any creative rep that campains against this sort of salon then was it moraly correct to sell to somone who you plan to campain against. business is business but what about business ethic and morals.

As to your first point, it seems that you have done just that, ie made up most of the allegations against this man or put forward your own suppositions as facts.

The guy who owned the salon? You seem to know so much about al this that I'm surprised you need to ask his identity. In any case I am not going to name him on this site.

Are you sure that the Creative Ambasador who worked there knew what the business was to become??? By the way, what has the business become? You are not sure yourself are you? You certainly seem hesitant to prove anything conclusiveley!

I'm sure the business was never intended to be sold and then subsequently campained against ... what would be the purpose of that?

Come to that, what exactly is your motive in all of this? If it is just to voice your opinion then I thinkyou have done that and you are entitled. If it is to somehow discredit Creative in all of this then I think you have failed miserably to prove your point as all the facts show that Creative is not in anyway involved with the sale or purchase of this salon.

jo sims said:
now come on mrs geek. it seems to me that if you would have done any looking into this situation you would find that my facts are not untrue. there is truth in what you say but is there more to the picture than you have painted. i am not in the habit of making up stories so please answer these questions for me. this guy who ownwd the salon who is he. Are you sure that the creative rep who worked there was not awaire of what the bussiness was to become and please give me you opinion on the fact that if the seller has any ties to any creative rep that campains against this sort of salon then was it moraly correct to sell to somone who you plan to ampain against. business is business but what about business ethic and morals.
Jo, I don't understand why you won't listen to what anyone is telling you - it still all comes back to the fact that you cannot possibly dictate what a new owner does or does not do at your ex-premises however much it goes against your principles and more so if you are not even aware of the new owner's plans. Referrring to the "Creative rep who worked there", do you know of that many employees who are able to dictate to their bosses what they can and cannot do with their business?

As you do need to get your facts 100% straight, it would probably be an idea to speak directly with the previous owner and get the response you seek from the horse's mouth directly so to speak - it may just put this all in perspective for you....just an idea! If I felt as strongly about something as you obviously do, that would be my first port of call quite honestly.

I have only a small point to make.

If you are selling a salon, (in ireland) you go to an estate agent and tell them how much you want for it . They they get your asking price and sell it for you, you usually dont know who you are selling to or what products they are going to use or even if they ar going to keep it as a salon, its all estate agents and solicitors and you basically get your cheque at then end of it.

So it is not the salons owners fault if the new salon owner uses MMA products.

Its seems that i have ruffeled a few feathers with this one. come on be fair. it seems that the people in the know within creative are all awaire of who this local business man is and that to me just proves the point that in some way he is assocated either with creative or somone within creative who like i said are campainers agains NSS.

For those of you who are trying to work out what my point isin all of this is the poeple who's pockets that get lined by all of the products and training that you all swear by have no moral or business ethic what so ever. so you all either live in a world where right and wrong arn't inportant or you are so in love with these cold hearted dishonerable people that you just dont care.

To put it another way. you would never find a pasionate heath shop owner selling to Mcdonalds, Its against all that they belive in. So please tell me the difference betwwen that health food shop owner and the said seller of their salon, and for those of you who are interested it the salon was sold privatley as business, so surley questions would be asked if you had any dout that they were to use products hat were against everything you belive in.

jo sims said:
you would never find a pasionate heath shop owner selling to Mcdonalds, Its against all that they belive in. So please tell me the difference betwwen that health food shop owner and the said seller of their salon, and for those of you who are interested it the salon was sold privatley as business, so surley questions would be asked if you had any dout that they were to use products hat were against everything you belive in.

Really? Have you actually worked for all health shop owners who have been approached by McDonalds then and know this for a fact too? No one is saying ethics are not important but you CANNOT always force these opinions on others....kinda like right now...

uhg.

From what I gather, the person who sold the salon is not even a representative of CND.

Case closed, end of story morning glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back