Updo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairbyme

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a client booked in for updo for a wedding she is attending and just wanted some options on how you'd go about doing it if you don't mind? I have met her briefly but haven't seen her for a long time and never done her hair so would like to be as prepared as possible.

She sent me a few different photos but this one is her favourite so I'd like to get it as close to this as I can for her.

I have practised on my block today and I can get it pretty close but any extra tips or advice would be very much appreciated please. It's the part I've circled that is the main focal point. Would you leave hair out for that part and do that bit last?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 20190513_164728.jpg
    20190513_164728.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 29
Make sure the hair is prepped with products that's got hold in it. Work the hair with a dry wax spray. If her hair isn't bleached it finer textured, then you may want to use a volumising dust in at the roots.
I usually add a flexible or workable hold hairspray as I'm going and finish with extra hold.

Make sure the hair is prepped with products that's got hold in it. Work the hair with a dry wax spray. If her hair isn't bleached it finer textured, then you may want to use a volumising dust in at the roots.
I usually add a flexible or workable hold hairspray as I'm going and finish with extra hold.
What's you favourite flexible hair spray to use while braiding? I'm currently looking into L'oreal PLI and TIGI Headrush, and perhaps Schwarzkopf Silhouette flexible spray?
For finish I currently use TIGI Masterpiece. What's your favourite?
Thanks xx

What's you favourite flexible hair spray to use while braiding? I'm currently looking into L'oreal PLI and TIGI Headrush, and perhaps Schwarzkopf Silhouette flexible spray?
For finish I currently use TIGI Masterpiece. What's your favourite?
Thanks xx
Head rush is more of a finishing spray. It's a shine spray, I don't think it has hold in it.
I used masterpiece a lot when I worked with tigi products. It's a good string hold for finishing your work, but it's not very good to work with, it's very wet and sticky. I use schwarzkopf silhouette. Flexible (white can) hold when I'm working on the hair and then the extra firm hold (black can) to finish and really nail in the style.

Head rush is more of a finishing spray. It's a shine spray, I don't think it has hold in it.
I used masterpiece a lot when I worked with tigi products. It's a good string hold for finishing your work, but it's not very good to work with, it's very wet and sticky. I use schwarzkopf silhouette. Flexible (white can) hold when I'm working on the hair and then the extra firm hold (black can) to finish and really nail in the style.
Thank you so much for your reply! :)

Latest posts

Back