Urgent advice needed: Babyliss pro perfect curl or Secret curl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn40miller

Reaction score
hi all ... Need to buy one of these products by Thursday for bridesmaids hair... But which one?
Heard that the secret curl is lighter but doesn't have the release mechanism if you put too much hair in. Does it heat up to same settings as the pro? I need the best one for coarse, longer hair so if the perfect curl is hotter it's prob worth spending the extra money. Anyone any thoughts please? Many thanks Lynn

Definitely pro curl. It's obviously better than the consumer product available for non professionals to buy and I also think that professionals should always use professional products and equipment

Hi defo want to purchase however the secret curl cheaper but is the pro perfect better for money if so y and help which do I choose? X

We have the pro curl in my salon. ..the girls think it is a slower way of doing curls and always go back to the staighteners in favour of this. I suppose like anything it takes time to get used to it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely the Pro Curl. I love mine it has a
Longer lead
For doing the left side of a head you switch it to L for the right to R. A is for Automatically alternating the curls.
3 heat settings
3 timer settings
It Amaaaaazes clients when they see how it works
You can't burn your fingers
You can't get the hair stuck
Perfect curl every time no redoing a curl cos of square ends
They are super easy to retail to clients too

Honestly just go get the pro one I'm never picking up my ghd or wand etch again to curl hair had a whole head of waist length hair done in 20 mins perfectly.

We love the Pro Curl, the curl stays in for days and the girls in the salon use it on their extensions (I know they say you shouldn't) its fantastic, I would agree maybe better on course hair , don't buy the home version, it will be far inferior

Are there 2 versions of the Babyliss Pro Curl??

I cannot for the life of me do my own hair, so would love something like this and which wholesalers sell the pro version??

The pro curl is amazing! So easy to use on your own hair and clients hair. Has different heat settings and different curl direction settings. Have used it on coarse hair and it produced a beautiful, curl. That even after being slept on, still looked gorgeous.

I have given in and im going to buy the pro curl tomorrow! I always end up with too tight curls on my hair using straighteners so hoping this will give looser curls x

You can't get them vat free on the vat free days at salon services! Why!?! Adding vat on them makes them so much more expensive!

its not the same, The Secret Curl doesn't have the left or right or alternate function for which way you would like the curls facing, its more of a home product

Latest posts

Back