Urgent advice needed on hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless aftercare and the products are essential, But so many people just think no it's to much hassle, I'm gona print those pictures as a demonstration of what can happen - obviously if the fault is in the client and not the actual extensions. It's so important!

I have added a hair wrap to my aftercare pack which is put on with the head upright which prevents some of these issues... you can get them for about £1 which is nothing really compared to peace of mind and beautiful long lasting (un-matted) extensions.

So many clients before flipped their wet hair upside down and wrapped in a rough terry towelling towel and then wondered why they have matting issues?

Maybe something to consider?

HTH x

To be honest I dont think it's the client in this case. I have seen a lot of clients (ALOT) that are lazy and don't follow aftercare and really don't take care of them but after 2 weeks I highly doubt it's the clients fault. I have only seen this type of matting after 2 months. To cause such dreadlock or matting that early I think is due to hair quality and maybe the shampoo she has been using. Hard to say without seeing it though.

All I can say is - Aussie 3 minute on extensions - doesn't stand a chance! You could try including after in the "fitting price! already factoring the costs in - that way they have the correct after care products at least. It can sometimes be difficult to persuade clients to look after their extensions correctly. Over the years I more or less "insist" and am not frightened of telling a client what may happen to her lovely, costly extensions if she doesn't care for them properly. I'm sure any supplier will not even consider replacement if they know what products this client has used on her extensions as it won't coincide with their terms and conditions. My consultation forms state quite clearly that there can be no "fault" or liability on my part if the correct aftercare isn't used. But if there was a problem with the hair, and I was confident they'd followed instructions to a tee (which she clearly hasn't just from what you mentioned about products) I'd happily send it back. Also, do you snip your tips when fitting? just a thought but if you've taken too much off it may cause the bonds to shed - the shedding would then cause matting and knots??? so many avenues to consider when faced with these problems xxx good luck as i know it's a difficult bridge to cross xxx

All I can say is - Aussie 3 minute on extensions - doesn't stand a chance! You could try including after in the "fitting price! already factoring the costs in - that way they have the correct after care products at least. It can sometimes be difficult to persuade clients to look after their extensions correctly. Over the years I more or less "insist" and am not frightened of telling a client what may happen to her lovely, costly extensions if she doesn't care for them properly. I'm sure any supplier will not even consider replacement if they know what products this client has used on her extensions as it won't coincide with their terms and conditions. My consultation forms state quite clearly that there can be no "fault" or liability on my part if the correct aftercare isn't used. But if there was a problem with the hair, and I was confident they'd followed instructions to a tee (which she clearly hasn't just from what you mentioned about products) I'd happily send it back. Also, do you snip your tips when fitting? just a thought but if you've taken too much off it may cause the bonds to shed - the shedding would then cause matting and knots??? so many avenues to consider when faced with these problems xxx good luck as i know it's a difficult bridge to cross xxx

They look like micro-loops rather than tips and rings so I don't think they've been snipped x

Hiya hope u dont mind but ive borrowed your pic for me fb page to serve as a warning of what could happen if cheap hair is used or aftercare not followed (not saying this is the case with u!) Good luck sorting it out, let us know how it goes :) x

Hiya, sorry to jump in, but exactly the same thing happened to me.
I had 20 inch russian virgin fitted in a very reputable salon by High Street Ken.
It ended up in a frizz-ball after second wash. I used that salon for years and never had anything like that before, so I did my homework and learned about cuticle direction etc. :)
You dont see real hair crawling up and tangling like that, so extensions shouldnt do either.
To cut long story short, if its real cuticle-correct human hair you dont have a specific 'aftercare bla bla' . You just use good quality shampoo /conditioner/ heat protection and avoid getting conditioner on the bonds obviously, but apart from that you treat extensions just like your real hair. I go swimming , hot yoga, sauna, god knows what else lol and still wear my extensions and some of my friends dont even realise its not my real hair. :)

Some of the hairs are upside down, thats why this happens. It's got nothing to do with shampoo.

Latest posts

Back