Urgent advice needed on hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsey-xo

Reaction score
To all you hair extensionists,

I fitted a full head of micro rings two weeks ago, the client washed her hair last week for the first time - everything was fine for her.
Last night she washed her hair, and as she was brushing her wet hair she found a huge knot of the extension hair clumped together?? I removed the micro rings where the knot was and it was this huge matted knot of hair?? Her own hair wasn't damaged as she had no at the root whatsoever.
I have never ever ever seen this before!! What may have caused this?? I haven't had matting or knots this bad with someone who has returned 6 months later with no maintenance on their hair extensions!!
Help!!
X x

Straight away I'm thinking if she's brushing her hair wet she has probably used rubbish products and not taken care whilst washing

She may not have been separating her bonds daily xx

All of the above I have been thinking of, but she said she has used a whole bottle of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle treatment on the knot?? And she said she uses Aussie Shampoo and Conditioner as I recommended to keep the hair in good conidition.
I will post a picture now.
x

To me it sounds like its non cuticle correct hair (ie roots and ends all mixed up) therefore it matts and knots

25asolj.jpg

206ihwo.jpg

This hair is Grade AAAA Indian Remy Hair though?? Must it be a 'bad batch' of hair??

Did the supplier you got the hair from offer aftercare? If so, she should have used that. Also there isn't really any such thing as grades, its a term used within companies that doesn't really hold relevance when comparing the hair to other companies x

This hair is Grade AAAA Indian Remy Hair though?? Must it be a 'bad batch' of hair??

there's no such thing. The A grade can change from company to company.
where did you get them from? Get in touch with the company you bought them from

why didn't you tell her to use extension shampoo and conditioner

Did the supplier you got the hair from offer aftercare? If so, she should have used that. Also there isn't really any such thing as grades, its a term used within companies that doesn't really hold relevance when comparing the hair to other companies x

wrote at the same time x

I explain all this in my aftercare sheet about certain shampoos and conditioners, along with seperating the bonds, monthly maintenance, correct brushes etc.
I have offered hair extension shampoo and conditioners in the past and my clients aren't really fussed.
I have never had problems with any client and 99% of my clients DON'T use extension products.
I have used this supplier for months with only good feedback from clients on the quality of the hair so it just must be a 'bad batch', I'll ring them in the morning.

Speaking from experience, if your client hasn't used aftercare that the company itself recommends, then its unlikely that they'll do anything about it. It'll be stated in their terms and conditions that they won't be liable I'm afraid!

Send it back to supplier! And write a letter. Other than that it could be the aftercare. Does she back comb a lot? To me it really looks like non cuticle correct hair or even non human hair.

Has she Been swimming by any chance I had this once and was caused from swimming and the chorine just a thought xx

I thought it looked back combed, but she explained to me that she put her hair in a towel (didn't sound like a good idea to me) then when she got out the shower she started to brush, starting on the left side of her head first. So whether she took a while to brush the left side and by the time she got to the right side it had slightly dried then that may have been the problem. The knot at the root of the extensions is so thick and full of hair that has wrapped over itself its completely solid! It feels like a rock covered in hair! Never seen anything like it! I am seeing her again friday, I'll ask if she towel dried hair roughly and maybe tilting her head upside down?? I have emailled the supplier with the pictures, hoope I get a reply tomorrow. Thanks for ur help xx

Sounds as if she has ignored the aftercare route, towel drying hair, the hard nots could be melted tip from hair drier or straighteners, brushing hard, not separating, washing hard, sleeping on it wet... And so on. Shame because she has now wasted that money and time.

Hi guys Sorry to jump on this thread but I am having micro bond extensions on Friday I've had them before and they did get matted so my question is what is the aftercare advice!!! I was told to separate sections and comb as usual just holding the roots but is there more I can do ie shampoos etc what comb .....??? Very clearly I am not a hair geek!!!

To me it sounds like its non cuticle correct hair (ie roots and ends all mixed up) therefore it matts and knots

Before I've even read the following posts... that's what I am thinking too.

It only takes one bond to be non-cuticle correct to cause matting in many surrounding bonds as it's like a velcro piece. Good job you removed x

I know I shouldn't say this as I am an extensionist and these things are meant to be avoided but I have been wearing extensions for 7 years. I go out a lot, come home tired and put my hair in a knot on top of my head (not advised), sometimes I towel dry it and go to bed with it wet and I have swam with it too. If its good quality not much should happen with it and it should not look like that. I'm not saying what I do is advised but were human and those things happen at rare occasions and I don't think hair should look like these that soon whatever she did.

the extensionist should give you all the aftercare advice. You should be using special products for them aswel as following the after care

Latest posts

Back