Urgent advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
I have a client who has been coming to me every 2 weeks for cluster lashes for the past 2 months. She had been having sp lashes elsewhere and wanted to give them a break as she told me her own lashes where falling out. I checked her lashes before applying the clusters and they where very short and quite sparse. she had a couple of gaps but nothing to drastic. I told her if I applied the cluster lashes that she would need to have them removed professionally. She agreed to do this so I carried out the treatment.
I explained to her that I would only be able to apply lashes to what she had of her natural lashes and advised her to have me remove them. She came back after 2 weeks and said that she waited for them to fall off before getting a new set applied. She told me she never picked them off after i checked her natural lashes I applied another set. So far she has been every 2 weeks and had new ones applied. She was in last Saturday for a new set and I noticed on checking her own lashes that she had one or two bald patches. I pointed this out to her and advised her to leave getting a new set on until her own lashes grew back for few weeks. She wouldn't have none of it and insisted I apply some more to what lashes she did have. I reluctantly did this and told her I didn't think she would get long out of them at all.
Did I do the right thing? What would you have done? I don't want to apply any more lashes on her until her own grow back. But I don't know how to word it. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't do lashes myself but didn't want to read and run. I have had them done many times and know I've only had bald patches if I've picked them off lol. I would be tempted to say to her that if she carries on having them done while these empty patches are there and continues to pick at them she risks not having any lashes left. Maybe offer to apply strip lashes for her if she's got an occasion just until they're in better condition?

As a professional you should stand your ground with her and not apply them if she has bald patches.

Clients should not dictate to you what you do or the standard of service you provide, if its not in her best interest to have them reapplied don't do them.

I would also bare in mind that if you are carrying out a service on someone that you knowingly has a contra indication to a service this in validate your insurance

Clients can be very intimidating can't they?
If I had been in your shoes I would not have carried out the treatment because her lashes were not in a fit state to.
How would I word it? (You know me, I don't mince my words!). It would go something like this!
Ok, Mrs X, I'm not going to apply these lashes today. Your own lashes are so sparse now that there's not enough to attach them to and I'm not prepared to risk your health or your eyesight by doing so.
Yeah, but I really want them; I'll sign a waiver or whatever.
No, you can't sign away your rights, but even if you could would you really sign a piece of paper saying you give someone permission to blind you? I know the risks associated with it and I'm not willing to expose you to them, so, no, I'm not carrying out the treatment until your lashes grow back.

It's your career, and her health at stake. Her vanity is irrelevant here. If you lose her as a client then so be it.

Put her straight into lash rehab! She needs to have a break, advise her to start using a good lash conditioner and ideally a mascara with a conditioner in it...(I used dream weave after my eyelashes were ruined from to long heavy lashes and it was fab), explain to her that if she has a break (if they are really bad I would honestly reccommend 8 weeks)that when she comes back for lashes she is going to get a better result, if her lashes are stronger you will be able to apply more clusters giving her a better effect.
Dont let her bully you into applying more.

Thank you all so much for the advice. She is in later today so I will let you know the outcome of her visit. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back