Urgent Advice Please-Nail Techs %

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs RSM

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, please can anyone help asap..I have found a lovely lady to do nails in my salon..how much is a normal amount of precentage to ask for.

I have been told anything from 20% to 30%

I will be proving the space in my salon, the nail table, brand new, electricity etc. The tech will provide product etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

I have just started n a salon as a nail tech i provide all my own products and pay 33% to the salon. HTH

I have also just started working in a salon, I provide aal my own products but use their towels and pay 25 % :)
Claire x

Hi,

I used to work in a hair salon and provide all my own products and the owner used to take 45%, which i thought was a little steep :confused:

when i worked in a salon on a rent-a-desk basis - i provided my own equipment and salon helped out with cost of marketing (50% split) and i paid 30% of my take on a weekly basis to the salon. i think anywhere between 30-40% rent is standard
HTH
V xx

i started in a new salon today and i pay £20 a day (i choose which days i work) which means whether or not i get clients in i have to pay it.. bt im hoping with the amount of flyers and hand outs i am going to be doing this should be fine for me.. i used to pay 20% in my old salon tho which i found ok as at the end of the end i would look at my takings work out the 20% for that day and put it to one side :D

Thank you all very much for your replies. That has really helped. I have decided to go for either 30% or £25 per day for her 4 days per week.

Are there any other things I should know or that you feel , as nail techs working in a salon on a self employed basis, that would be helpful please?

I am seeing her work on a model on Monday evening and hoping its as great as the photos as I really like her and feel she is ''the one'' :)

i think as a salon owner a pay per day will be better then you are getting a set rent every day so you are able to cover your bills! try to work out how much extra it will cost you on your electricity/water bill then try to find a fair price that will keep you and the nail tech happy!
i rent a room on a per day not a % basis but for the first 3 months my rent was half price so that i could build up my client base. as if your going to do 30% and if the nail tech has a realy quite day/week you will be geting around £5 for that day not alot at all, so then that means that, that will not cover your bills! x

I would never pay a salon owner a percentage on what I do with my own hands. I would only pay a straight forward rent for the space. That is all I would be doing renting space to run my own business .. I would not give a percentage of my business to someone else as well as paying rent.

It is the same amount of space whether I make 500 per day or 150 a day ... the space is the space, my hard work does the rest. I work hard for me not for someone else.

I have found that charging a percentage eventually breeds discontent and trouble down the line.

Latest posts

Back