Urgent advice please- tan respray - model photoshoot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I sprayed a new client last night, she came on recommendation as I have tanned her other family members.

She happens to be a model for a national newspaper and is doing a bikini photoshoot today. I sprayed her with my tantrick 12% as she had previously had fake bake and I knew she would want it dark. She is blonde and quite fair but was sure she needed the darkest tan as it was for a photoshoot.

I txt her today to see if it was ok and she said it is "lovely & even but a bit light" I have offered to respray her tonite as she has more shoots tomorrow.

Should I do another light coat of the 12%, she says it needs to be dark for the "stage" due to the lights I guess. Anyone have experience of tanning models? We were both tempted to try the la tan disco 18% last night but i didn't want to take the risk as she is quite fair!

As long as she has showered off the guide colour from the first spray tan i would spray her again as normal with 12%,
they will be able to make her look darker when they start messing with the photos anyway if the shots from the first tan are not dark enough, hth :hug:

Thanks Loiuse.

I also realise that some fair people can take a full 24hrs to develop so it could be that when she arrives tonight (24 hrs later) she will be darker than she was this morning.

I just want to get this perfect because she will be in the paper! She hasn't tried tantrick before either so hopefully she will become a fan.

Thanks again :)

Your welcome hun,
if she has gone darker overnight just give her a light misting but if she is still quite light just spray again as normal :hug:

I would go with giving her another spray of 12% and if she still thinks thats too light then the next time go with LA Disco from LA Tan. I am quite fair but can take the 18% LA Disco, no orange in sight just a lovely deep brown colour.

xx

Thanks Jenny.

That's good to know cos I though the 18% might make her "orange"!

Do you think the disco on top of the 12% tantrick is pushing my luck?

Thanks Jenny.

The thing here for you is to start to communicate with this customer and in so doing she will come back time and time again.
Explain how seriously you are taking things with her given her job and that you want to get things right for her...there are so many solution options with the Tantrick range and each is designed for specific skin types and individuals preference as to final tan outcome look.

Getting it right,particularly with this customers job is essential....talk to her and let her see how hard you are working to get her the look she wants.

Given her darker look requirement I would suggest you switch to the Tandare/Max solutions and try the 14%...this should be dark enough and if she still wants darker you can of course always add intensifier drops and if her skin will take it go up to 18% if required :eek:

Thanks Jenny.

It is probably not advisable to mix two different brands on one application type of thing...your possibly asking for problems which you don't need at this stage :hug:

Would you say the Tandare 14% is more of a brown tone compared with the original tantrick solutions cos i think this may be the look she is after.

Would you say the Tandare 14% is more of a brown tone compared with the original tantrick solutions cos i think this may be the look she is after.

Definatley and well worth a try :hug:

Well just to update you.

My "model" client has just left. She was delighted with her tan but I did spray her lightly once more as she has more photoshoots this week.

She said the photographer, make-up artist etc were very impressed with her tan, they remarked on how even it was and a lovely colour. She is going to recommend me to other models (she has already given my number to a male model -woo hoo!)

For scottish geeks you will see her swimwear photo shoot in the next few days in the Daily Record. There will also be a Tv advert.

This is good for both myself and tantrick as a brand as they were unfamiliar with the name until now!

Well just to update you.

My "model" client has just left. She was delighted with her tan but I did spray her lightly once more as she has more photoshoots this week.

She said the photographer, make-up artist etc were very impressed with her tan, they remarked on how even it was and a lovely colour. She is going to recommend me to other models (she has already given my number to a male model -woo hoo!)

For scottish geeks you will see her swimwear photo shoot in the next few days in the Daily Record. There will also be a Tv advert.

This is good for both myself and tantrick as a brand as they were unfamiliar with the name until now!

Well done you:hug:
maybe you could ask her if you could use her name and image in promoting your buisness...maybe offer her some free spray tans etc...could be a strong turning point for you and your buisness..so well done again :hug:

Thank collin, yep this has gave me a massive confidence boost!

I didn't charge her for her re-spray. She offered to take my business cards and hand them out wherever she goes so fingers crossed.

I have already started telling folk that I spray models! Pity my son (age 15) thought she was a page 3 model! Boys eh? Obviously there is client confidentiality to consider but she doesn't seem to mind the attention I guess it's all part of the job. She seemed really keen to help promote me and my tanning business. She is friendly with the fashion editor of the Daily Record and will give her all my info.

Mind you she is staying in Ireland (boyfriend is a prof footballer) at the moment so won't see her too often. But having said that she says she is back and forth regularly for shoots in glasgow so will be back as often as possible. She likes the fact she can pop down to me at 8.30 at night! Her mum stays in my area.

That me knackered now, did 6 tans this evening. Thats a lot for me! :lol:

Well done you that is brilliant,

She is the best client to have, someone who does all your advertising for you!!

good luck with your spray tanning business xx:lol:

I didn't charge her for her re-spray. She offered to take my business cards and hand them out wherever she goes so fingers crossed.

I have already started telling folk that I spray models! Pity my son (age 15) thought she was a page 3 model! Boys eh? Obviously there is client confidentiality to consider but she doesn't seem to mind the attention I guess it's all part of the job. She seemed really keen to help promote me and my tanning business. She is friendly with the fashion editor of the Daily Record and will give her all my info.

Mind you she is staying in Ireland (boyfriend is a prof footballer) at the moment so won't see her too often. But having said that she says she is back and forth regularly for shoots in glasgow so will be back as often as possible. She likes the fact she can pop down to me at 8.30 at night! Her mum stays in my area.

Its amazing isn't it how easy it is to have our confidence dented by the slightest thing and ,like in this case, how fantastic it is when we do something like you have managed to do that simply fills us with confidence...well done :hug:

what a miserable life that poor girl leads :rolleyes::lol:
well done to you for making such a hit with her.

Latest posts

Back