Urgent, can I skip the pink ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lousil

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm having to squeeze in a wedding party because they have been let down at the last minute.

As I already have things booked I'm going to need to save on time where ever I can.

They all want french gel polish applied on fingers and toes.

My normal procedure would be

prep
base coat
two pink coats
white tips - one or two coats depending
top coat

Obviously this takes longer than a basic colour application because of the extra time apply and curing the white tips.

The pink I use is pretty much transparent and you actually cant see that a pink has been used even after the second coat.

My question is can I skip the two pink coats so....

base coat
white
top coat

would this effect the longevity of the treatment?

I'd obviously tell the party thats what I'm doing to save time and charge less due to less product being used ( they are fully aware I'm putting myself under pressure to help them out.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Hi all!

I'm having to squeeze in a wedding party because they have been let down at the last minute.

As I already have things booked I'm going to need to save on time where ever I can.

prep
base coat
two pink coats
top coat

Obviously this takes longer than a basic colour application because of the extra time apply and curing the white tips.

The pink I use is pretty much transparent and you actually cant see that a pink has been used even after the second coat.

base coat
white
top coat

I'd obviously tell the party thats what I'm doing to save time and charge less due to less product being used ( they are fully aware I'm putting myself under pressure to help them out.

Yes, it will. You need at least one of your pink coats and I assume they are paying for 2. A base and top coat will not wear as well.

I've only ever done 1 pink coat, if you need to detail white smile line with IPA I might affect the base coat!

I personally wouldn't miss the pink as makes the nail look more healthy and shiny 😊 haha, hth xx

Hi all!

prep
base coat
two pink coats
top coat

base coat
white
top coat

Hi, I was under the impression that you needed to do a pink before white as if you did need to tidy smile line, you wasn't wiping off the base coat. I think you could get away with 1 coat pink tbh, ensuring you've got full coverage, I would

PEP
Base coat
Pink
White

As I said, if you've got full coverage with both pink and white then only need 1 of each. Good luck, sounds fun xxx:biggrin:

Hi, I was under the impression that you needed to do a pink before white as if you did need to tidy smile line, you wasn't wiping off the base coat. I think you could get away with 1 coat pink tbh, ensuring you've got full coverage, I would

PEP
Base coat
Pink
White

As I said, if you've got full coverage with both pink and white then only need 1 of each. Good luck, sounds fun xxx:biggrin:
Sorry forgot to say I use Shellac (not sure which system you are using) x

as stated I would make the client aware and reduce the cost of their treatment.

I contacted my trainer - I've done a master certificate in gel polish and they said this would be completely fine and will wear just the same. Top coat is designed to seal everything and adds shine, base coat to adhere to nail plate and are the two main steps.....

some people only have gel applied for strength and if this was the case the treatment would be just base coat and then top coat. The dont want colour or french just strength.

Regard white after pink..... i do this because most of my clients want the white to really pop. My maincures can last perfectly for over 3 weeks.

I use gellux and nailFX...now I cant decide what to do :-S

maybe stick to normal apply minus one coat of pink and skip the pink for the toes...

I think you do need to do one coat of pink.
If you over cure the basecoat if will affect the removal times and will affect the adhesion of the topcoat too surely.

Basecoat then a coat of white just on the free edge then a 2 minute cure for it means that the basecoat will definitely get over cured.

Its great you are fitting this bridal party in after they were let down by other people, but in order to capitalise on that you need to give them your best service too, and hopefully you will reap the benefits of the fabulous word of mouth advertising they will give you.

I think your plan of 1 coat of pink on fingers and none on toes is the best idea...good luck.

I only do one coat of pink anyway, it isn't going to look like a French without it. The whole effect will be lost.

Try and squeeze in one pink coat.

you'll be glad you did

x

Latest posts

Back