URGENT Customer Street?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleybanwatt

Reaction score
Have just had someone call me from a company called customer Street, they are an online promotion company. What they have told me sounds good, but i have been stung in the past!!! They are charging £199 plus £29.99 p/m. Has anyone heard of them and do you think its a good Idea. I am desperate to pull in more clients, but don't want to chuck away hundreds of pounds!!!

Never heard of it. You'd be better off spending your money on Yellow Pages. Give it a miss. xxx

when i first started i looked in to loads of ad comapnys and have never heard of them.

If unsure dont and what seems to good to be true usally is!!!

As above use yellow pages or someone you know or atleast heard of.

I already have an add with Yellow Pages and Yell.com, everything was going okay untill November, then It just died!I have 5 months left to make this work or i will have to go back to my 9-5, which belive me I don't want to do!!!! Its so stressful trying to get this off the ground

Have u put a add in your local paper with a special new year or even valentine offer?

sorry i've never heard of them

have you tried a leaflet drop and do you have a website

Yes, both of the above. I don't understand whats gone wrong! I have tried everything I can think of my website is Lippi ltd if you have time could you take a look and see if am am pricing myself right??

I always feel that if a company is having to cold call people for business that they are struggling for business themselves! Don't waste your money!

There are loads of internet directories that do free advertising, my website is on at least seven and we get lots of business from that. There really is no need to pay prices like that.

I had a call from one of the companies that I have a free listing with, they wanted me to upgrade to a full listing, but the costs would have been similar to what you mentioned. I turned them down sharpish.

Hi,
Your prices are similar to mine, so I don't think you've a problem there.
I certainly wouldn't shell out that amount to a PR company.
However, to get more business through the door, sometimes youhave to take a hit
Pamper parties for kids (in the salon or at their homes)
Recommend a friend and you get a half price treatment
Flyers to mums at the school gates
Offer to demo a suitable treatment at local Guide / Brownie / Youth group
anything, anything, anything but go back to your old 9 - 5................:eek:

And if it's any consolastion - I think we're all in the same (slow) boat during January !

Just remember, if YOU haven't heard of them before, then chances are potential clients haven't either!!

Hi, can you tell me some of the directories as I am on my local council web site and yell.com but cannot seem to find anymore and am really struggling :-(

Well I'm on Gumtree, Countyweb.com, totaltravel.co.uk, ufindus.com (that's the one that tried to get me to upgrade my listing), UKHairdressers, whynaturalhealth.co.uk, and TouchSouthampton (this one is available in different areas).
If you type into Google 'beauty salon ' then your area you may find a few more. Hth's.

Customer Street are a fantastic company to use if you want to enhance your internet prescence. I managed to get a really good deal from them, they initially offered me a package for £300 set up fee and £60 per month, but I managed to get them down to £200 set up fee and £30 per month. They gave me a free 0845 number so when I pick up the phone I get a message saying this call has come from customer street. They send me a letter every month telling me how many people have contacted me, and how many people have been to my website (which they built for me for free!!).
I was very sceptical about using them because not so long ago I was ripped off by a company called 118 Trades who promised the same thing and did a runner with my money (I now understand this company was brought to justice and the owner is serving 6 years). So anyway I was persuaded by them to give it a try, I'm getting inundated with enquiries, my salon is completely full with bookings and I'm seriously looking at opening a new branch and expanding!! There is no other company in the entire world that can offer what customer street has given to me for such a good price!!!

Hi,

Try looking for promotions to take part in. The Guild are currently working with Aero to help salons bring in more busines. Click here to find out more.

Also, if you are a Guild Member, you can have a free listing on the Beautyguild.com Salon Directory.

Customer Street are a fantastic company to use if you want to enhance your internet prescence. I managed to get a really good deal from them, they initially offered me a package for £300 set up fee and £60 per month, but I managed to get them down to £200 set up fee and £30 per month. They gave me a free 0845 number so when I pick up the phone I get a message saying this call has come from customer street. They send me a letter every month telling me how many people have contacted me, and how many people have been to my website (which they built for me for free!!).
I was very sceptical about using them because not so long ago I was ripped off by a company called 118 Trades who promised the same thing and did a runner with my money (I now understand this company was brought to justice and the owner is serving 6 years). So anyway I was persuaded by them to give it a try, I'm getting inundated with enquiries, my salon is completely full with bookings and I'm seriously looking at opening a new branch and expanding!! There is no other company in the entire world that can offer what customer street has given to me for such a good price!!!

Can we have a link to this website that they have provided for you please?
Appox how many new clients do you get from them?
how many new clients were you getting each month before you joined them?
does the 0845 number go to a mobile or landline?

I'm not entirely convinced about the costs of it tbh, it seems quite a lot for your 1st year (£560) then £360 a year after that, which is my whole advertising budget! I think i'd rather have lots of advertising in several places rather than 1 big advert in 1 place

Well I'm on Gumtree, Countyweb.com, totaltravel.co.uk, ufindus.com (that's the one that tried to get me to upgrade my listing), UKHairdressers, whynaturalhealth.co.uk, and TouchSouthampton (this one is available in different areas).
If you type into Google 'beauty salon ' then your area you may find a few more. Hth's.

Do NOT upgrade to Ufindus they promise a whole load and deliver nothing, they are a rip off (in my opinion). You had a lucky escape!

I have 0800 number and know of free web sites that will do exactly the same - i dont think you need to shell out this kind of money i certainly wouldnt!!!!
lublu

ps it is a quiet time of year too

Can we have a link to this website that they have provided for you please?
Appox how many new clients do you get from them?
how many new clients were you getting each month before you joined them?
does the 0845 number go to a mobile or landline?

I agree, lets look at the website that they provide.
for all we know, you could work for this company!

Latest posts

Back