Urgent shellac help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Beauty

Reaction score
I did a shellac manicure for a client this morning with 2 coats of decadence. She has just called to say the colour is too see through. I have explained it's a gem-like colour so not supposed to be as thick as a cream colour.

She has asked if I can put on another coat. Can I do this over the top coat or do I need to remove it and start again?

Hi Belle Beauty, it's my understanding you can put another coat over the top coat. You dont' NEED the sticky layer to be there to apply another coat of Shellac. HTH! :)

Thanks. I was going to wipe over with scrubfresh and then apply another coat of colour then reapply top coat. Hopefully it will work!

Thanks, Sharon x

I was unsure if I could do this, also. It was on myself, so I really didn't care! Haha. But, I did do another coat over the top coat, without the base coat. I just cleaned the nail super good first and then applied a 3rd coat of color, and then finished with topcoat like normal. :)

Thanks. I was going to wipe over with scrubfresh and then apply another coat of colour then reapply top coat. Hopefully it will work!

Thanks, Sharon x

NO Scrubfresh! Use your 99% IA for wiping!

NO Scrubfresh! Use your 99% IA for wiping!

I do use the IA for removing the sticky residue, I was thinking the scrubfresh before applying the new coat of colour in case there was anything on the nail. Is that not a good idea then??

No to scrub fresh, use D Sperse, Scrub fresh has acetone in it. Using it may cause service breakdown.
x x x x

I did it to myself to see if it was possible! I painted blackpool over gotcha and it covered fine and nearly lasted another two weeks! Not bad! Try it!:)

I do use the IA for removing the sticky residue, I was thinking the scrubfresh before applying the new coat of colour in case there was anything on the nail. Is that not a good idea then??

If she just had her Shellac mani, there shouldn't be any 'nail' to dehydrate. The 99% IA will take care of cleaning the surface for the next coats of Shellac. :)

Thanks everyone! I have a feeling she is going to be one of those clients who complains about everything, but we'll see!

Hi there... Im new to shellac and this may sound really silly but was is IA short for? And what is it?

Just so Im clear on the application of shellac...
base coat ... cure for 10 sec
1st coat of colour cure for 10 sec
2nd coat of colour cure for 10 Sec
Top coat cure for 2mins??
And then wipe of sticky residue??

Thanks

Hi there... Im new to shellac and this may sound really silly but was is IA short for? And what is it?

Thanks

It's only the base coat you cure for 10 secs. Your colour coats need 2 mins each and top coat 2 mins

Thanks

IA=Isopropyl Alcohol. Base cures for 10 seconds, all other coats cure for 2 minutes. HTH! :)

Latest posts

Back