Urgent - spray tan on palms!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
Hi hoping someone can give me advice on miracle removal of spray tan, I spray tanned my client last night, she's a good regular had plenty spray tans from me before no problems whatsoever but for some reason this morning her palms are covered in tan! She thinks she grabbed onto the tent when she was letting her wee girl past when I was in bathroom cleaning my bottle! She's out tonight and hoping someone can tell me a great way for her to remove this pretty quick, as I say I've never had this before and I've been doing spray tsns over a year now, I have heard about lemon juice so she's trying that as we speak but if that fails any suggestions? Ps its sienna x I use, thanks :)

I've not tried it but heard that whitening toothpaste helps. Chlorine will bleach the colour out but not exactly something everyone can get access to lol.

The only thing I know will remove it 100% by tonight is not really something I'd want to tell a client and that is bleach. A small amount in a tray or the bottom of the sink so only the palms are imersed in the bleach and gently rub together, when the colour has faded enough wash with lots of soap & water trying not to take too much of the tan from the tops of the hands and moisturise to try and limit the bad effects the bleach will have had on the skin.

Not the best thing for your skin but Cilit Bang cleaning stuff removes tanned palms quite well. Need to use a good hand cream on after tho as its very drying. I've also heard whitemg toothpaste and facial hair bleach can work too x

My first spray tan was on my husband & of course when your new to it you aren't that one step ahead to remember everything.. so I put on his sticky feet, barrier creamed elbows knees & heels but forgot the palms! lol god he looked stupid nice brown tan & ORANGE palms. he was mortified haha so I scrubbed them with bleach :o & after the 2nd attempt it came of perfect, I just rubbed moisturiser on his hands after though incase the bleach dried them out, hth xx

Cut a lemon in half and with a bit of salt rub onto her palms. Its a natural exfoliant and the acid in the lemon will remove the tan. It also smells nice.

Hope this helps.

Kind Grgards

Trinitia

Would the micro fibre cloth trick work? Not tried it myself though.

Nail varnish remover works a dream. It's not really that harsh either I once used it to clean hair dye off my skin and didn't do me any damage xx

toothpaste everytime! always works for me. and just to say her palms might of been tanned if shes had her hands rested on her body/face while shes been asleep and the tans been developing, i've known lots of people that this has happened to.

Latest posts

Back