Urgent waxing question...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
Say if someone was not a qualified waxer and forgot to make their waxing appointment and did it themselves with waxing strips for example...a terrible thing to do I know. Especially when not qualified to do such a job...
and that person has taken some of their skin off their top lip and surounding area.....
and its very red and inflamed around the area....
what would that person use to make it better??
Moisturiser, Savlon etc or is there something else that person could use to make it miraculously cured overnight?
Especially as that person is going to a wedding tomorrow:eek:

I wonder who that person is LOL.

I wouldn't put moisteriser on it. Either leave it or put Savlon if that's the choice. xxx

I wonder who that person is LOL.

I wouldn't put moisteriser on it. Either leave it or put Savlon if that's the choice. xxx

Thanks I'll pass the message on :)

Try Aloe Vera if available:hug:

i always swear by Sudocream, you know the baby stuff, worked when i did the same thing to one eyebrow :cry: But then everyones skin is different and will calm down at different rates.

He he he , (sorry) I did that 4 weeks before my wedding,
I walked around for 2 weeks looking like i had facial herpes. :eek:

Luckily i work in a salon now. :green:

He he he , (sorry) I did that 4 weeks before my wedding,
I walked around for 2 weeks looking like i had facial herpes. :eek:

Luckily i work in a salon now. :green:

Thats SO not what that person wanted to hear:eek::eek::eek:
Thanks everyone....maybe a miracle will happen.
After all there was that immaculate conception thing once:lol:

Thats SO not what that person wanted to hear:eek::eek::eek:
Thanks everyone....maybe a miracle will happen.
After all there was that immaculate conception thing once:lol:

Sorry Judy, I was laughing at me not you, I just used heaps of savlon and no foundation round there, actually no one really noticed.
be gone in no time.
I did wax, take the skin off and then have another go and took more skin off (why oh why???)
x

lol judy bless you !!

hope its better in the morning !! did a similar thing last week my 'waxer' has left the salon so I got some of that cream ... o0h scabs lol I looked better with a tash !!

Compeed do a wonderful coldsore plaster, which you can get in the chemist. It's almost invisible, and you can put makeup on it. It really does a great job of hiding the coldsore, but I haven't found it speeds up the healing like it claims. I know it's not a coldsore you have, but it might protect the raw skin a bit? Hope "your friend" enjoys the wedding!

:hug: lol, i did exactly the dame thing the night before i met my husbands parents for the first time and the next day i looked like a glu-sniffer, scabs all over my upper lip lol, just forget about it and enjoy the day x:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
Im sorry for laughing.. as i KNOW "your Friends" pain.. But i have had a pretty crappy night with my kids and this thread has cheered me up a bit!!
Good luck! that plaster thingy sounds good!

Your friend could try this option lol

20050716philwolfinpaper400x300thumb.jpg

Hahaha!! :hug:

So wasnt expecting that!!
:green:

:lol: latest option not required thanks :lol:
Thankfully it doesn't look too bad today!
So I've been told obviously:)

Try cold compresses too Judy this may help with any redness and swelling - then try the bag if all else fails - LOL

aloe vera gel!

:lol: latest option not required thanks :lol:
Thankfully it doesn't look too bad today!
So I've been told obviously:)

oooh you poor thing judy.

errrr, i meant your poor friend.:lol:
its savlon for me too, i also use it as a cuticle cream when i've been a bit cack handed doing my own nails.

Def aloe vera gel but got to say thou cant beat Australian body care tea tree oil hand & body lotion - calms the pain, cools the heat and more importantly keeps it clean. I find it heals the skin well too.

Burnt my arm on the iron big style and I couldnt sleep without it!!!

Latest posts

Back