Usa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks

Sorry this is not related to our world of skin, hair and nails

Have any of you geeks brought a holiday home/property in the USA

Hubby and I are looking for a holiday home in luvly warm Nevada (Las Vegas)

do you have any points to look out for when deciding on property abroad

any hints tips etc at this point would be of great help to us

Remember geeks..we will be letting for UK holiday makers:hug:

Love Jenx

jenx

I'm from Vegas....lived there for 39 yrs :) Family is still there :rolleyes:

my suggestion try to talk with some of the locals......get there perspective on what places to avoid( bad parts of town) , what years homes are better made ( old houses not so good there ) ,fee's for condos, strata's,ect.
try to search things out as much as you can before you get anything......
I do know the housing market is in a bit of a slump over there ( USA) so you might be able to get a good deal.......

Hello melissa

How fantastic...i love love love the place

What part did you live and what part do your family live?

We are in love with Henderson, we are looking for a gated community with pool/spa/gym and clubhouse up to $300,000
Single family or town house not fussy(3 bedroom if pos)and as close to the strip for holiday let

need loads of info on areas etc if you can help?

Hubby and I have been going to Vegas since we married 15yrs ago, we are going next year for 3-4wks as was going to look for a holiday home then.
we are in touch with property agents and have decided to look now, due to the great deals available

what did you love about vegas and what did you dislike

jenx

Hello melissa

How fantastic...i love love love the place

What part did you live and what part do your family live?
I lived in all parts last home was in Summerlin ....But I worked on the East side of town.....Near the Air Force Base.....My family spans from East side, to near the airport ,and Out north going to mountains....

We are in love with Henderson, (Green Valley area is nice ) we are looking for a gated community with pool/spa/gym and clubhouse up to $300,000
Single family or town house not fussy(3 bedroom if pos)and as close to the strip for holiday let
Gated communities usually have fee's ....so be aware .....

need loads of info on areas etc if you can help? I will try ....)

Hubby and I have been going to Vegas since we married 15yrs ago, we are going next year for 3-4wks as was going to look for a holiday home then.
we are in touch with property agents and have decided to look now, due to the great deals available

what did you love about vegas Loved the warm summer nights, lack of insects, good food anytime!and what did you dislike in the later years everything and anything ....traffic, population boom,old peeps,smoke, to many to name :rolleyes:

jenx

Hubby and I moved as my kids had grown and are adults and we needed a change .....Feel free to pm me if you want more specific things ...I'd be happy to help....

Thank you melissa

gated communitys do have quite alot of charges..but its more attractive to us for holiday lets

my hubby does clay shooting at the Air Base..he use to competition shoot against Las vegas Police and Fire service

We have hired cars in the past and had a good old scoot around vegas

We have also done skiing close to Nevada/Lake Tahoe, we took our skis and boots to the Bellagio we had some funny looks

what i love abou vegas EVERYTHING, what i hate about it NOTHING

we married in vegas yrs ago at the little white chapel of flowers, we lost our marrige licence..so last year on holiday we went down town for a replacement
All the staff at the county clark applauded at the amount of years our Vegas wedding has lasted...and we had our licence for FREE

any info you can input at this point will be of great help

P.S// hubby and I would love to move in the future..not sure how the application will do? we have to try
if all else fails we will have a great home and long vacations

jen:hug::hug:x

Hi Melissa

I hope you don't mind me asking about Vegas

Green Valley and Henderson are they quite close to each other? they look it an our very basic map
What would you say in your opinion are safe area's, first time buyers in vegas.
What are your opinion's on Condo's?
the estate agent have advised they may suit us more, not having to worry about maintanence/land etc
Do you think we would be better off having a single family home, with a community
It's all happening quite quick, we are speaking with a advisor this eve.

are there any hidden problems buying in vegas that you can think of, or problems we may stumble on along the way

Do you have any info on renting?
we are looking at holiday letting our home, is letting a problem or are lettings in demand?

Thank you for the links...very interesting

thank you melissa
jenx:hug::hug::hug:
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Latest posts

Back