Use Of The Basement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SadieBoo

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first time so please understand if things are a bit slow and not to slick. P.S I'll try to keep it as brief as i can.
Have been looking at premises for a salon for 6 dress outs and with the idea of putting in 2 rooms to let. 1 as a beauty room and 1 as a spray tan room.
Found a shop that seemed ideal but when working out the area and shape of the shop, it just was'nt quite big enough to fit it all in. SHAME!
Then we were shown, THE BASEMENT! What a suprise it was a mirror image of the ground floor so it doubled the size of the shop. WOW:!: possabilities are amazing now.
Just wondering if any one has a shop where use the basement as working space (Not just storage).
There is a flight of stairs from the ground floor to the basement.Half way down is a fire exit to the outside car park. Stair well has a fire door at the top and bottom and a small window in the basement.
If you have an area similar to this and you use it i would love to hear from you.

Hi

The salon I go for my hair cutting do use the basement...the nail technician/beauty therapist rents that room...I have never been down there so I do not know what its like...but the smell when she's doing nails comes very strongly upstairs so god knows what it must be like down there:irked: I don't know if it has any windows or ventilation mind!!!

But saying that my house has 2 basement rooms...as my house is built on a slope my basements are only half underground (sounds wierd I know!) so I have 2 windows in 1 and 1 window in the other...so they would be ideal to use.

So I guess it depends on the particular basement...but good luck if you go for it...sounds amazing:hug:

The only thing that I immediately wondered was what is the ceiling height like?

Hi, Gosh really sorry for the delay in getting back to you.Thanks for replying though.
The ceiling height is about 6ft 3 quite low admitted.

i think it is brilliant, as long as there are windows and ventilaion and the room is clean and able to be prettyfied then great.
x

Latest posts

Back