used retention kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskimonailtech

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I've decided to foray into acrylics. I got a retention starter kit at my go-to nail source. However, when I opened the box, my scrubfresh bottle is only filled up to the middle of the round symbol thing. I googled it and the pictures all show it filled up to cap basically. so it looks like it's missing almost 2 cm's of liquid.

Then i looked at the top of the small pink and white containers and they look all scratched as if they've been moved around and such.

and on the side of the retention bottle, it looks dirty.

I'd hate to really think that they would package up a used and returned starter kit and try and re-sell it. I'll be really upset if that is the case, and I purchased this kit with a credit I had on my account from a prevoius screw up where they overcharged me by almost $50 and didn't call me or tell me. I only figured it out myself about two weeks later when I looked at my credit card bill.

i'm almost at the point of never shopping there again, if this is the case.

thoughts?

Ring your supplier hun - only they can help to be fair :)

yes I agree, contact your supplier. Also, your retention liquid and also your scrubfresh should both be sealed when you first open it?

That's not answering my question. I'm asking how full the scrubfresh bottle should be. I'm so utterly sick of that place. They have an amazing store, but the people who work there seem about as dumb as doorknobs.

I assume the small scrubfresh bottle should look like this upon opening?

scrub_fresh.jpg

the liquid is only halfway up the circular symbol. if i call them, they're going to deny it. i need to know whether or not it's used BEFORE i go back and yell at someone. they've really affected my business before.

also, should it be sealed under the cap, or around the cap?

I havent bought this for a while but I think it used to be filled almost to the neck of the bottle as shown or maybe slightly less and it was sealed under the cap.

okay thanks clare! i'll be bringing this back.

Should be filled to the top neck ( unshakeable), and also there is a silver cap on the inside of the lid, that you need to peel off the neck, this avoids spillage and evaporation.
Id be threatening them with consumer affairs or the equivalent in your country.

Prob dosent make a diff and I don't know the shellf life of scrubfresh but the pic you added has the old logo on it ,

It's worth noting because athough like I said I don't know the shelf life of scrubfresh if it was part of a kit then monomer dose have a shelf life .

Latest posts

Back