Used Wella special blonde 12/96 and roots are now purple/grey?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairtrainee90

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Im new on here, im currently training to be a hairdresser and decided randomly that I wanted to go blonde.. my previous hair colour was a couple of years build up of Schwarzkopf box dye - mystic violet... this I knew already was going to be a hard process but I was determined :)

I first bleached my hair and this resulted in a very orangey colour but still good condition. I then bleached my hair again (after waiting a week or so)
this resulted in my hair becoming a blonde colour but with a very pale orange look.

my Tutuor at college said she had had enough of looking at it (LOL) so offered to try fix it. she ran bleach highlights through my hair and then toned afterwards using a wella special blonde as a toner.

this left my hair looking more blonde but not the shade I was looking for.

I have now used Wella koleston special blonde 12/96 allover my hair and it has turned it a lovely ashy blonde colour but my roots are a purply grey colour more noticeable than I would like :( can anyone tell me how to fix the purple??? don't no what to do and definitely don't want to put anymore bleach onmy hair as it is quite dry now :rolleyes: any advice is very appreciated :)

Usually over tone will wash out, give it a few shampooed!

This is why you don't tone with high lifts, very damaging and also will grab the tone, luckily the result isn't very durable so a few good shampoos and it'll go.

If it happened to a client and you needed to fix it the bleach and water takes it out in less than a minute.

You're lucky you've got any hair left to be honest. You don't use special blondes for toning! Your root has grabbed the tone more as it was lighter then the rest and did not have the box colour on it. Your tutor should no better.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

very belated thankyous for your help I have not had the internet for a while. I am now a qualified level 2 hairdresser truying to start my own business I was in level 1 when this happened so didn't know as much about colours. I now know my tutor shouldn't have used special blondes to tone. but thankyou for all your help x

Latest posts

Back