Useful Tip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I just thought that I would post this little tip in case anyone found it useful. I have tried and tested these methods on cloth nappies for many years and can assure you they are very effective.

To keep your towels ultra soft & fluffy without using fabric softener (which seriously reduces absorbency and the life of the towel) add a couple of tablespoonsful of white vinegar to the softener compartment of your washing machine. The towels will not smell of vinegar.

To whiten them, add bicarbonate of soda to the washing powder

Both of these have the added benefit of being natural and harmless sanitisers due to their pH.

Has anyone else got any tips they might like to share?

Does it matter what type of vinegar - I have white wine & cider vinegar in the cupboard and will try this immediately once I get the answer!! ;)

It doesn't matter - just needs to be vinegar but I only ever used the cheap distilled white vinegar which doesn't leave a smell after and is very cheap. The others probably won't leave a smell but Ive not tried them.

I love these kind of tips.

Does anyone have any more ?

Kellie

Maybe we should have D>I>Y> forum for tips and tricks
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back