Using 0/88 in Colour Touch to neutralise orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
After stripping hair colour out and your left with orange would you use ct with 0/88 mix tone in to neutralise the orange.
Last month we had a colour tech to do a colour correction day and our model who was a level 5 tinted colour wanted to lift up to a 7. The colour tech applied a bleach bath left it on approx 50 mins until it was a very light carrot orange and then said we would have to apply a 6 as it was a orange shade. I said I would rather have a 7 as it was so light. I said couldn't we use ct 7.0 with a bit of 0/88 mix tone in. She said no it would go back to a 5. She said we could use a kp 7/1 with 20 vol. The colour looked nice but 4 washes later she's a 8/43. Is that due to being lifted to light or using permanent or both? X

After stripping hair colour out and your left with orange would you use ct with 0/88 mix tone in to neutralise the orange.
Last month we had a colour tech to do a colour correction day and our model who was a level 5 tinted colour wanted to lift up to a 7. The colour tech applied a bleach bath left it on approx 50 mins until it was a very light carrot orange and then said we would have to apply a 6 as it was a orange shade. I said I would rather have a 7 as it was so light. I said couldn't we use ct 7.0 with a bit of 0/88 mix tone in. She said no it would go back to a 5. She said we could use a kp 7/1 with 20 vol. The colour looked nice but 4 washes later she's a 8/43. Is that due to being lifted to light or using permanent or both? X

I don't use those colours but I can't see how by using a 7.0 how it would go to back to a 5?
I use gold well colours and after a bleach bath depending on what kind of colour there after but 10p 10V are great for removing stubborn orange tones also if you want to tone to a 7 or a 8 and still want some warmth but not too much warmth a 8ba or a 7na is lovely- gold well colourance.

She was saying if I added 0/88 mix tone in the 7/0 ct it would go to a 5. Due to the 0/88 can go dark.x

It's because it was permanent a semi should have been used, 88 will go dark tho if you use too much

It's because it was permanent a semi should have been used, 88 will go dark tho if you use too much
Have you ever added a bit of 0/88 into colour touch and if so how much would be OK. Maybe 1/2" into the 7/0 ?

Latest posts

Back