Using a client's product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hjh

Reaction score
Hi all,
just a little question, if you had a client come in to the salon for a manicure and they wanted you to use a particular colour varnish that they brought in would you still charge them full price for there treatment even though you have used their product but still provided the treatment to the usual high standard & time taken?

Yes I'd still charge the same price.

Product cost is minimal to us and not worth knocking off.

If anything I'd add it on lol, it's often not as nice and fluid as mine, might have bits in it and with a crappy brush [emoji6]

Yes I'd charge the same. As Emily said product costs are minimal to us, it's the time. As Blossom says, the chances are it will be poor quality and maybe not have the best brush and handle for a professional to use, it might actually take you longer and the results may not be up to your usual standard.

I often get asked by my clients to use their polish they may prefer a colour they have or want their own for "touch-up's" but it's their choice. I would say 99% of my clients do it through choice when asking if I mind using their colour, rather than wanting a discount! But either way as blossom & Emily have said they price is the price, fundamentally the treatment hasn't changed!

Latest posts

Back