Using a Demi when doing lowlights and highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
I've always been apprehensive with Demi's as a lot can grab and go darker, or even go darker when left in for too long.
But then using a tint on bleached hair fades pretty quick.
I just wanted to know other stylists opinion and experience, as I've got a client with really bleached hair she just wants it multitonal but with minimal fade.
I use L'Oreal too.

Thanks in advance x x

I use loreal as well and I always foil with Majirel, personally richesse can be a bit runny, I find that I get minimal fade with lowlights on my blonde clients

How about luo, very predictable results. No need to pre colour

I wouldn't suggest Lou as its developer Is just over 6% which means it life before it deposits x

I use richesse but use up to two shades lighter than target shade depending on porosity. Iv found the new dialight to last great when toning though

Alexandra x

Thank you!

So do you think using a 931 will give me the affect of a 731?!

I'm scared because I know what matrix demi does if left on for too long :p

Xxx

If your going to use a Richesse foil with 9.31 it will come out like an 8 try 8.31, plus use 15vol because it won't go as dark, just to be sure !

When I foil quasi lowlights, I do the opposite to using bleach...e.g start bleach with 3% and if aiming for a 7,31 I'd start with 9'31 in the quasi, finishing the last sections with bleach and 6% and 8,31 in the quasi.

Probably an over thought explanation haha

Perfect sense!

May start doing this in future if it turns out well :) xx

Latest posts

Back