Using a Nail Trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauport

Reaction score
I have the essential nails course nail trainer just for practising on has anyone any ideas about gluing tips on this infernal hand as I am having serious trouble using the nail trainer glue supplied and it is a nightmare, I have got really good at sticking myself to it lol :)

do a search on hand trainer and tips...there are some threads about this, i think (not sure though) that people have been using a different adhesive and you have to really hold them on with some pressure to get them to stick. HTH x

Try applying the nail whilst under the nail lamp, heat helps it set. Do you know where to get more nail glue from?

Try applying the nail whilst under the nail lamp, heat helps it set. Do you know where to get more nail glue from?

on line at gina wallace, they do all accessories for the nail trainer,

also when you glue nail tips to the trainer I count slowly up to 20/25 as the trainer takes longer to stick.

I use gelbond (from creative) found it very difficult to stick the tips on with think/liquid type adhesive

You must still take the shine off the nail I use a 150grit for this before gluing nails, it needs a bit of roughage I have found for the nails to stick, I use my glue that I use for tips on clients, also the tips must sit comfortably on the nail if it does'nt and the wings spread a little you will find it more difficult for the tips to stick.

I had the same problem - it drove me crazy...... Man I hate that glue!!!!!

Even though EN say that their glue is specially developed for use on the NT - It does not stick.

Try Creative's Gelbond - it works, I promise.

Yup, I used gelbond too, only adhesive I found that worked!

yep, me too. take the shine off the pretend natural nail, then use gelbond. I've never had a problem with them sticking. One bit of advice though; I decided to time myself doing a "proper" full service to see how fast (or slow!) I was, and did a proper prep etc....... scrubfresh (or whatever nail cleanser you use) dehydrates and cracks the pretend nails, so dont do it!!

maybe if you wipe over the fake nailbeds with alcohol it may help .... just a thought

I take the shine off the trainer nail, just as I would do with a natural nail and I use Solar Seal from Creative. I press the tip with the glue on the nail for around 1 min and it works :) (I also use Gel Bond, but it doesn't work for me with the trainer's nails :confused:)

Latest posts

Back