Using a pro photographer for website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I am a mobile hairdresser and extensionist, and although business is picking up, I would like to expand and become more professional in my advertising. At present my clients are through word of mouth and facebook bookings.

I am hoping to get a website on the go soon (thinking of vistaprint, though open to suggestions!!) snd was wondering if you guys hired a pro to take your photographs? I have lots of before and afters on my facebook page, but they are all off my phone or clients cameras.

So do you think i should invest in a background sheet and take new pics with my camera and friends as models, or use a pro photographer and models?

I'm earning well enough but not that much where I'm willing to splash the cash too much just now if its not totally neccesary!!!

thankyou xxx

You could either use a decent quality digital camera to take them against a plain background yourself. Or see if you can find a photographer looking to get pics for there portfolios I have a few friends offering free photography atm of you are happy for them to user the pics in there portfolios hth x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I would try getting a photography student to do the pics. You'll get great pics at a decent price and he/she will get experience. It's win-win!

Good luck! :)

I highly recommend Ruth Mills (she's here on SG) for the website in cooperation with Carl from Verve http://www.verveprint.co.uk/

These guys put me on top of Googles in my area and transformed my business!

There is plenty of people here who they helped. Plenty of satisfied customers :)

Good luck x

thanks everyone!! I will see about a student, and getting a plain background. now as to finding models.... do i just ask my current clients and offer them a discount or advertise?? i dont want people only after freebies!
I'll check out verve for my website sunshineinme :) thankyou xxx

Latest posts

Back