Using box colours in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a client asks and brings it in i will do it but only if they have a good reason ie it the only thing that dont burn their scalp and they have tried a patch test 1st with scalp protector and soothing oil in the salon colour Or elderly who cant afford the salon colour. I still charge $40 to put it on though and the oldies must show their card. Everyone deserve to feel beautifull.

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

If a client asks and brings it in i will do it but only if they have a good reason ie it the only thing that dont burn their scalp and they have tried a patch test 1st with scalp protector and soothing oil in the salon colour Or elderly who cant afford the salon colour. I still charge $40 to put it on though and the oldies must show their card. Everyone deserve to feel beautifull.

Wow.

You charge to put a box dye on??? Do you not take pride in your work?

You probably wouldn't be insured if you did that in the UK. If they can't afford a salon colour, I refer them to the local training college who always need models for students to practise on.

Shocking! So u apply a box colour and charge them for it? Poor old ladies! They would be better off getting a friend to put it on. And you wouldnt be insured here to do that

Shocking! So u apply a box colour and charge them for it? Poor old ladies! They would be better off getting a friend to put it on. And you wouldnt be insured here to do that

I don't know why it's a question of OMG you charge for it, it's more OMG u do it lool

Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know why it's a question of OMG you charge for it, it's more OMG u do it lool

Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha i know but still!!!

I'd be worried if I had a high number of burn scalp from my salon colour that I needed to apply something off a shelf.

Be proud of what you work with and educating clients on the benefits, if your not then don't use it.

I would be absolutely livid if a so-called hairdresser applied a box dye to my hair!

I go to my hairdresser for his expertise, not so he can slap on something anyone can run to tesco and buy :/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

What? Still a professional colour but over here its sold to the public. Is it not there? And how that any different from the price you pay for a tube of colour and then charging more for application with any service? There is like a 500% mark up on application if it was professional colour so how is it bad to do what salons here do. A regrowth is $80 and you charge old people that price so if they bring their own in they get 50% off or are you saying it costs $80 in product to do a regrowth? And alot of people find my brand doesnt burn but find wella, schwarzkopf, lo'real, paul mitchell etc do.

To be honest if the client buys a loreal in dark brown and the stylist does a bad application then I can see the likeness.

That is why we should mix colours to customize, refresh mid lengths and ends correctly, educate clients on professional service, skin test, prescribe retail, nice coffee, good experience, head massage. All these things you can't buy in tesco.......

And alot of people find my brand doesnt burn but find wella, schwarzkopf, lo'real, paul mitchell etc do.

If you don't mix it properly with the correct lotion then yes it will burn. One bonus of OTC products is it has the correct measurements and the right peroxide in the box, still doesn't mean use them, it means use your products correctly and carry out skin testing before.

Thats why we do it. So its still good service. Relaxing. Latte or iced coffee etc. And we can do things like balance ends.give a good application. We make them aware it not as controlled but it the experience of a stylist being with them and getting their hair done by someone trained getting their scalp massaged before the service and not having colour everywhere, enjoying their magazines of vogue etc and enjoying a cold or hot beverage then getting the 10minute scalp massage when removing the colour and the treatment with hot towel.

Whats wrong with that? Alot are x hairdressers. They bring in their igora or koleston perfect and we put the colour on. Better than them doing it themselves and missing the back isnt it?

That's like me saying if I take my burger to mcdonalds they'll make it for me lol it's just not professional but each to their own xx

O right, I understand they buy professional colour and you apply.

How do they know what shade to buy? Do you skin test?

Alarm bells are- you aren't trained in these brands are you? If it doesn't cover, lift, etc who is to blame? You or the client?

If they are buying pro colour, why don't you just go out and buy it after doing a consultation?

Your basically putting a $40 price on the product and $40 on applying.

Of course if my clients got wind of this they would make the trip to the wholesale for a £6 tube of colour then ask me for a 50% discount on the service, they pay £36 for a £60 service!

Call me old fashioned but we just do a senior citizen discount , they can get 20% with our cheaper technician- no need for a 'bring your own day'.

I would still refuse even if they brought the colour I would use, how can you run a business like that, I have been asked to do this in the past and I say "no for insurance reasons as it's not bought by myself the professional" end of story if they don't like it then they can jog on x

Well we explain it to them and alot use our brand after the patch test they say our colour doesnt burn. They have gone to other salons which burn them. We used to be wella then matrix so we know those tints and a few girls are lo'real and schwarzkopf trained too.

I can understand using a different brand at a clients request but not for them to buy it. How can they pick one?

What happens when you don't use the full tube? Do they get to take the rest home for next time etc x

Latest posts

Back