Using box colours in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of hairdressers here sell their professional colour to the public. We dont but what can you do.

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am actually quite offended that as a professional you think this attitude of xx is so expensive wheras if I buy xx I can get it cheaper.

It totally undermines everything we do. Of course there is a mark up - we are trying to make a living! it's a 350% increase on a glass of wine in a bar but you still buy one!!

My costs are based on my time, overheads, training, etc. as well as my products. The cost of the products on a regrowth is what ... £10 tops ... so why are you discounting by 50% ??? you're cutting in to your wages, profits etc. - it's just nuts.

I would NEVER use an OTC dye for a customer in salon but even In a make believe world where I did I would only discount my services by the amount it would cost me in tint and peroxide!

and if a customer had a problem with that then I would explain to them the 3 years I spent at college, plus the extra training courses I've done.

I'd tell them about the amount of money that it costs to rent, do up, utilize the space etc.
I'd tell them how for the first 1/2/3 years of being in a business you make less than god knows what an hour.

I'd tell them about all the gloves, insurance, brushes, bowls, tints, peroxides, hygiene products, shampoos etc. that you need just to do that 1 colour.

All of a sudden ... paying full whack doesn't seem so extortionate to them.

Its not over the counter like its koleston perfect or igora or inoa. You can buy joico, redken products in the supermarket here too. Im not saying im ok with it so calm down. Im just saying thats how it works here and thats how i was told. If it was my choice the public shouldnt have access to that. But alot of clients ask about the 10minute colours indola have and then ask why we dont have that. indola have them but any shoping centre sells indola. I was shocked when i moved here. Where im from only salon owners can buy supplies but here anyone can from a centre.

Its not over the counter like its koleston perfect or igora or inoa. You can buy joico, redken products in the supermarket here too. Im not saying im ok with it so calm down. Im just saying thats how it works here and thats how i was told. If it was my choice the public shouldnt have access to that. But alot of clients ask about the 10minute colours indola have and then ask why we dont have that. indola have them but any shoping centre sells indola. I was shocked when i moved here. Where im from only salon owners can buy supplies but here anyone can from a centre.

I'm an Aussie too and I don't understand , you say that's how you were taught "here".
I think it's only your salon that do that.
Yes hair house ware house, Petra hair care sell professional products to the public but they sell generic brands, I.e- fascinelle vitality , yellow and colour royale. These brands are BARELY professional, generic is what they are.

They do not sell professional products.
There are wholesale stores that sell at wholesale prices direct to the public but they have Sally's? Doesn't mean that they provide the "being your own tint" service.

I do find it extremely unprofessional, if they buy the wrong colour and it comes out wrong who do they blame..? You!

Did u travel back in time? Look at the time it says you posted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403569723742.jpg
    1403569723742.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 137
Yeah i know what you mean. Price attack sells wella indola and fudge and matrix.
Thats how the owner explained it to me is what i meant. Anyway thats my opinion. Your free to your own.

Latest posts

Back