Using box colours in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamlea87

Reaction score
Had to post this as it's a first for me! Just walked past a small salon that had its tubes of colour on display, and amongst the boxes of Goldwell and L'Oreal was a few boxes of Live XXL!

Just made me chuckle :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my god seriously, that's just a new low x

A salon around 10 min walk from me uses "avon" shampoo, condition and styling products. And another stocks "tresemè"
Not as bad as xxl! Disgraceful x

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Some salons are terrible. I have a salon on the same road as me amd I have gained a fair few clients from them. One of which told me the following story...
She went to get her hair done and wanted to go a vibrant red, so picked one she liked out of the shade chart and they said they will have to drive to the suppliers (2 mins away) to get that as they where out of stock, so she said yes no problem. while she was away she went to the smoking area for a cigarette which was through the staff room and out the back door, when she came back in the stylist was mixing xxl vibrant red into the tint bowl. she didn't say anything just went and sat down. The stylist put the colour on etc, when it came to cutting het hair she cut it and then said sorry its now 2-30 and we close at 2-30 so I havnt got time to blowdry your hair youll have to leave with it wet because I want to go home im tired, also the reason im running late is because I had to go and get your colour. charged her £75 and ushered her out the door.
I still cant get over that story, absolutely disgusting

Some salons are terrible. I have a salon on the same road as me amd I have gained a fair few clients from them. One of which told me the following story...
She went to get her hair done and wanted to go a vibrant red, so picked one she liked out of the shade chart and they said they will have to drive to the suppliers (2 mins away) to get that as they where out of stock, so she said yes no problem. while she was away she went to the smoking area for a cigarette which was through the staff room and out the back door, when she came back in the stylist was mixing xxl vibrant red into the tint bowl. she didn't say anything just went and sat down. The stylist put the colour on etc, when it came to cutting het hair she cut it and then said sorry its now 2-30 and we close at 2-30 so I havnt got time to blowdry your hair youll have to leave with it wet because I want to go home im tired, also the reason im running late is because I had to go and get your colour. charged her £75 and ushered her out the door.

Omg! :-0

This has actually made me seriously angry!!
I have a girl for a cbd every 6 weeks. Before she comes she colours he rhair with xxl red. It completely changes the texture of her hair. It destroys the cuticle, makes the hair fluffy because whatever you do you cant flatten the cuticle. Horrible. I cant believe it!

That's so bad and really unprofessional,I used to work in a salon and the owner had no hair experience and I remember a lady came In 2 get a treatment and my boss mixed up herbal essence conditioner , I couldn't believe I had to put that on her hair such a disgrace. The shop was terrible I often had 2 bring in my own colour to do clients as they had very little stock, she would often just buy tesco brand shampoo and conditioner and put them in a wella bottle, and for colour she would do the same run to the chemist to by box colour if you were desperate, I left I couldn't deal with all that was a sham of a place

That's terrible! we used to get sent to the chemist for silver shampoo cause my boss refused to do orders saying we didn't need stuff when we did. The clients hair felt vile afterwards and that was just shampoo I can't even begin to imagine how bad it would be after box colours!

Thats is absolutley shocking :rolleyes:

Omg shocking i cant believe she didnt blow dry it either what would she have done if the colour was still taking sorry i cant wash it off im going home

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I no its a disgrace. im embarrassed to be on the same street as them! That's only one of the many stories ive heard. They should be closed down! They don't skin test either

I no its a disgrace. im embarrassed to be on the same street as them! That's only one of the many stories ive heard. They should be closed down! They don't skin test either

and I thought my old boss was a cheap person.... WOW is all I can say

some salons are terrible. I have a salon on the same road as me amd i have gained a fair few clients from them. One of which told me the following story...
She went to get her hair done and wanted to go a vibrant red, so picked one she liked out of the shade chart and they said they will have to drive to the suppliers (2 mins away) to get that as they where out of stock, so she said yes no problem. While she was away she went to the smoking area for a cigarette which was through the staff room and out the back door, when she came back in the stylist was mixing xxl vibrant red into the tint bowl. She didn't say anything just went and sat down. The stylist put the colour on etc, when it came to cutting het hair she cut it and then said sorry its now 2-30 and we close at 2-30 so i havnt got time to blowdry your hair youll have to leave with it wet because i want to go home im tired, also the reason im running late is because i had to go and get your colour. Charged her £75 and ushered her out the door.

shocking!!! 😧

I feel sorry for her that she actually paid £75 to have that put on her hair and walk out the salon with wet hair!! How can they have such a brass neck to do that.... Let alone charge for it! Shocking! The client should have been paid £75 for having to have went through that experience!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

She comes in with me now every 4 - 6 weeks for her colour and always comments about how fantastic our service is (and her colour with us is only £50 and we only use professional products) She was in the other day. She bumped in to the hairdresser a few weeks ago and she had a go at her because "you have clearly had it done somewhere else, I can do it mobile if you want it cheaper". GRRR seriously... she just said no I am happy where I am now thank you.

She comes in with me now every 4 - 6 weeks for her colour and always comments about how fantastic our service is (and her colour with us is only £50 and we only use professional products) She was in the other day. She bumped in to the hairdresser a few weeks ago and she had a go at her because "you have clearly had it done somewhere else, I can do it mobile if you want it cheaper". GRRR seriously... she just said no I am happy where I am now thank you.

Thank god your client isnt timid and just relented. I kno its unprofessional to be negative against other hairdressers but sometimes when a new client walks in and i start sectioning and i see the mess, i cant help but say "what, where and why?"

Some hairdressers are all about the money. The money helps but you still need that passion xx

Omg noooo ....

I almost used a mobile hairdresser once who tried to put a BnM box dye on my hair claiming it was the best of the best and cost her a fortune to buy in and that was why I wouldn't recognise the brand. It was the 99p cheapest of the cheap. She was charging £65 for a full head colour, cut and blow.....not only that but when she sent me the skin test kit it was for a totally different brand!! Good job I noticed.

Told her to get out of my house before it touched my scalp lol!

I've had clients come to me from salons doing this too - I've done a thread about how odd it was.

Some people have no shame!!

I felt like a fraud the week I used the wholesalers own shampoo because my Goldwell order was delayed never mind box colours!!

Latest posts

Back