Using colour after keratin treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i am due to have my brasilian keratin treatment on monday.
my hair is my natural colour with a little sprinkling of grey.
every 3 weeks ish i use one of those old fashioned wash in wash out 'toners' hair colour sachets which perks my hair colour up just enough.
after i have the keratin treatment, will i still be able to use this product or will the keratin treatment prevent it from working ?

Last edited:
Kerastraight says 2 weeks before colouring your hair, and you can colour before your treatment. just check with the salon when you are having it done x
Posted via Mobile Device

Your stylist should know,but keratin its a treatment that it wash out,so you should be fine.The less you wash your hair the longest it would last.Always used the proper shampoo.

If I had a client who wanted to colour their hair themselves after a keratin treatment, I wouldn't guarantee the treatment.

It may be worth speaking to your stylist and having a semi permanent colour 2 weeks after at the salon. :)

she said it was fine, wait 2 weeks though.

had the treatment today, looks and feels really nice.
obviously, time will tell how successful it has been. i feel very positive about it though.

Latest posts

Back