Using coloured acrylic powder instead of gel or varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acrylic83

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive just qualified as a nail tech after completing an nvq 2 at the local college. So ive just started to use CJP acrylic and like it a lot, especially there coloured powder. I was considering stocking up on all their coloured powders, instead of stocking up on a load of varnishes and gels. Does anyone have any opionions on this pls. As i feel that id rather work more with acrylics then gels and varnishes.

I’m starting to love working with the coloured powders but at the moment gel polish over enhancements is still the most popular. I think if you market it well there’s no reason why you couldn’t work mostly with them.

I’m pushing it more and more and starting to convert a few of my clients but there are others who don’t like change lol

Ok, thanks for the info it was very helpful. I thought that might be the case gel polishes being most popular at this time. I was also thinking that filing off the colour maybe time comsuming if client wants to change colour.

Ideally you would apply a thin layer of clear acrylic before applying your colour, that way the filing shouldn’t take too long at each re-design.

I only use coloured powders and never use gel polish over acrylic now.
You are right that it’s time consuming to file off for a redesign, I did efile training as I can do 7 rebalance appointments per day and ended up with a frozen shoulder!

I was worried about the labour involved with colour acrylics but im also worried about the cost of gel polishes and the lamp im also no closer to choosing a gel polish brand as my research has left me more confused. So many differing opionions making me have cold feet investing in gel polishes.

I think my best bet is to try the colour powders and eventually find a way to reduce the filing time somehow . :rolleyes:

At the same time i would like to offer some type of gel polish to add to my services that i can offer but like i said not sure which brand arrrg.

Latest posts

Back