Using Creative but not trained with creative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonilee

Reaction score
Can somone explain this to me please, maybe I am being slightly dippy today! After much practice on my own nails and too many soak offs my nails are not in great condition so I decided to go to a local salon and have Brisa gel overlays to stop me messing about with my nails and give them time to recover. I got chatting to the girl who did them about my training and hers and she said she was doing a college course in nails and beauty but they just used creative products? I did not know you could do this? I knew you could use thier products like sticky solar oil etc but I did not realise you could just buy thier systems?

The other thing is I feel really terrible as a few weeks ago I had a eyelash perm that went disasterously wrong there, they were lovely and re did them and a free eyelash tint so I was happy in the end, however my gel overlays are a bit ridgey and holey in places I dont want to seem like a moaning minnie and not sure what to do now? Any advise??

see if i was the nail tech i'd definatly want you to come back to me with any problems then at least you know where you are going and if you are going wrong.

Dont think of it as being a moaning minnie at all think of it as helping her with getting better in her application:green:

Verdict ; Definatly go back and let her know ( but in a nice way)

The thing with the eyelash perm was with a different girl, just dont want them to think, oh god not her again she moans at everything!! I honestly dont!! They are really good other than the few ridgey and holey ones, 3 bad and 7 good. Never had Brisa before or seen it used, was most impressed with the product though!!

see if i was the nail tech i'd definatly want you to come back to me with any problems then at least you know where you are going and if you are going wrong.

Dont think of it as being a moaning minnie at all think of it as helping her with getting better in her application:green:

Verdict ; Definatly go back and let her know ( but in a nice way)

I'd definitely want the constructive criticism so that I could improve your nails and make my next sets even better. If she is striving to be a better tech she will appreciate this and never mind what the other staff think. In general people are so much quicker to moan and whinge and then the tech will get a bad reputation that may not be deserved and could be amended with a little help initially. At the same time you could tell her something positive about what she did. (I'm assuming she is quite new here?)

Is only my third visit to salon to be honest and not sure how long she has been there but yes definatley would piont out the 7 beautiful nails she has done, cos they do look lovely, and it cant have been easy for her as my nails were not in good condition and I am a bit of a biter.

Can someone explain the bit about who can use creative products, just so I can get it straight in my head as I was thinking you had to be creative trained?

As far as I know, you cannot buy Brisa or CND Liquid and Powder, without being trained at a CNA - however some colleges are approved to train with CND products.

Sometimes if a salon owner has done training at a CNA then they can obviously buy and they might train their staff - incorrectly possibly - and then they can be using the products.

Not being party to all of the relevant information would mean that we cannot make such assumptions though.

As the others have said, from a salon owners point of view, I would rather you came back and gave me the opportunity to fix the nails rather than you vote with your feet and not come back at all.

Ok here goes :lol: I was trained at college with Creative product too, only difference with me was we were taught by creative teachers too! but i recieved the Creative foundation cert & the VCTC cert & since the college i have done alot more Creative Academy courses HTH

As far as I know, you cannot buy Brisa or CND Liquid and Powder, without being trained at a CNA - however some colleges are approved to train with CND products.

Sometimes if a salon owner has done training at a CNA then they can obviously buy and they might train their staff - incorrectly possibly - and then they can be using the products.

Not being party to all of the relevant information would mean that we cannot make such assumptions though.

As the others have said, from a salon owners point of view, I would rather you came back and gave me the opportunity to fix the nails rather than you vote with your feet and not come back at all.

When I went to my first Nail show I asked at the CND stand about what I could and couldnt buy as I had not trained with CND at that point, to my surprise I was told that I could buy whatever I wanted and that included the L&P and Brisa products. I know that you cannot buy the L&P and Brisa products from H/O or OSNS or authorized suppliers like Ellisons so felt that it was really weird that I could got to a show and buy the lot, no questions asked.....and this is just what peole were doing, as I overheard two girls discussing the fact that they could but these products and stock up at all the different shows and not bother with the CND training at all!!!:eek:

from what i have seen there are plenty of online stores (yes including ebay,lol) and even people selling creative products in geekbay,so pretty easy to get hold of

Its really unfortunate that people are allowed to buy creative stock at shows, when they are not creative trained, but it would be an absolute nightmare for creative to ask for acc numbers, and id etc, to prove you are creatvie trained, when these shows are usually so manic. I agree, that i feel its not fair, and i too know of people who go and buy stock at these shows, are not creative trained, then claim they are as they are using creative products. But at the end of the day, who are they kidding? Themselves, thats who, so dont fret about it, we cant keep tabs on all that buy from the shows, just as long as we are gaining the correct training, in order to provide the best service possible, then leave all the others to sort themselves out!

Hi there, i trained about a year ago at a local college in bristol, and we used Creative Retention + L&P, as far as i understand our college had an agreement with one of the OSNS's that they could order the kits for students - also our tutors were all trained on the systems so i'm guessing this is why they were allowed to train us all using it. I was pretty chuffed I must admit, cos I wanted to use creative products anyway, but can understand how annoying this would be if you've paid a lot of money to train with creative direct. I'm just about to set myself up to do nails professionally :) so am going to do the spa mani/pedi course and the creative induction course to update & refine my skills and ensure that my skills are sufficient to produce the right quality to call myself a creative technician. x

Its really unfortunate that people are allowed to buy creative stock at shows, when they are not creative trained, but it would be an absolute nightmare for creative to ask for acc numbers, and id etc, to prove you are creatvie trained, when these shows are usually so manic. I agree, that i feel its not fair, and i too know of people who go and buy stock at these shows, are not creative trained, then claim they are as they are using creative products. But at the end of the day, who are they kidding? Themselves, thats who, so dont fret about it, we cant keep tabs on all that buy from the shows, just as long as we are gaining the correct training, in order to provide the best service possible, then leave all the others to sort themselves out!

Couldnt have put it better myself ! spot on hun xx:hug:

I may go off thread a little here....but!!!!!

I have actually been at the Creative stand at an exhibition (think it was EC last year) when Samantha actually took the Retention+ out of someone's basket!!!! It was sooooo funnny and in true 'Samantha Style' it was done so beautifully that the girl wasn't at all offended. Samantha explained about training the importance of it etc and the girl said she would rather do the training first!!!

I know from past experience that CND do not like selling freely to people who are not Creative trained at exhibitions but, as others have said, the logistics of trying not to would be an absolute nightmare and not possible to enforce.

I may go off thread a little here....but!!!!!

I have actually been at the Creative stand at an exhibition (think it was EC last year) when Samantha actually took the Retention+ out of someone's basket!!!! It was sooooo funnny and in true 'Samantha Style' it was done so beautifully that the girl wasn't at all offended. Samantha explained about training the importance of it etc and the girl said she would rather do the training first!!!

I know from past experience that CND do not like selling freely to people who are not Creative trained at exhibitions but, as others have said, the logistics of trying not to would be an absolute nightmare and not possible to enforce.
That makes it hard to understand why I was told last year before I converted, while at the show, that I could buy anything despite the fact that I had told them I was NOT CND trained.:eek:

Latest posts

Back