Using different soak off gels together?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can use 2 different soak off gels together?
Thanks.

Does anyone know if I can use 2 different soak off gels together?
Thanks.

In what way and WHY? Why are you thinking of doing it and for what end result that you feel you can't get using just one system?
A little more explanation please.

I know the question is a bit odd,but the reason is the white I use with my system isn't very white at all even with 2 layers.Great for a really natural french but some clients want it a bit whiter and its the only one they do.So thats why I was wondering.

I know the question is a bit odd,but the reason is the white I use with my system isn't very white at all even with 2 layers.Great for a really natural french but some clients want it a bit whiter and its the only one they do.So thats why I was wondering.

So your question really is, can you use another brand of coloured gel over your existing system .... the answer is Yes you can.

It was not an odd question, it was just a question with no explanation which meant that an answer couldn't be given. HTH

You can layer 2 different gels on top of each other, but the first one must being fully cured and you must wipe the sticky layer off first otherwise when you put the second gel on top, you will be effectively mixing the two gels.

Which two brands of gels are you planning to layer..?

It is not my intention to create conflict, however I was under the belief that if layering gel either from one system or from 2 systems that if you removed the inhibition layer then you would need to file the enhancement as the second layer of gel would not give an optimum bond to a shiney/glossy surface.

Love to hear further comments on this:hug:

You can layer 2 different gels on top of each other, but the first one must being fully cured and you must wipe the sticky layer off first otherwise when you put the second gel on top, you will be effectively mixing the two gels.

Which two brands of gels are you planning to layer..?

It is not my intention to create conflict, however I was under the belief that if layering gel either from one system or from 2 systems that if you removed the inhibition layer then you would need to file the enhancement as the second layer of gel would not give an optimum bond to a shiney/glossy surface.

Love to hear further comments on this:hug:

Yes you do, after removing the sticky layer, you do need to lightly buff the surface.

Same opinions, so no conflict there then.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back