using different tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
do you gals ever use different (virgin ABS) tips to the overlay system?

I have loads of Star tips left over and i'm not sure if it would be wise to use these up with my fabric# or will it cause a problem - wot do you think? :|

Hi

no you will be fine to use any tips, i have loads of different brands and i never have a problem.

Little Angel said:
Hi

no you will be fine to use any tips, i have loads of different brands and i never have a problem.
Thanks Tracey

hiya

i used to use the star nails tips but found them too curved and didnt fit everyone. now i use tips from millenium nails - they are great and fit most nail shapes. they are quite cheap too.

Fab Freak said:
do you gals ever use different (virgin ABS) tips to the overlay system?

I have loads of Star tips left over and i'm not sure if it would be wise to use these up with my fabric# or will it cause a problem - wot do you think? :|

hi opi

snap i think millenium tips are great to, loads of choice and really cheap.

ive just been on the millenium site and they have DOUBLED the price of their tips - they were only £11.99 they are now £25.99

have to look elsewhere i think

Little Angel said:
hi opi

snap i think millenium tips are great to, loads of choice and really cheap.

OPI-nails said:
ive just been on the millenium site and they have DOUBLED the price of their tips - they were only £11.99 they are now £25.99

all types of Star's mastertips boxes (360) are only at £15 during march!!!

OPI-nails said:

No Hun they are still £11.99 for us professionals, the prices on the website are for the public...........
Have a great week xx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
No Hun they are still £11.99 for us professionals, the prices on the website are for the public...........
Have a great week xx
hiya

thank goodness for that - i nearly passed out when i saw those prices

thanks

OPI-nails said:

chill babes

thats the public price

pmsl its still the same panic over.

i like the millenium tips too...lots of flex in them and good colour...always used creative and i do like them a lot but creative tips are about four times the price!!! can anyone explain that?

Hi

i asked millenium once how come they were cheaper than everyone else and they said it was because they manufacture them themselves. It would be interesting to find out why the other companys are so much more expensive.

Creative tips are more expensive because they are Virgin ABS plastic. Some companies recycle the tip trees over and over again so sometimes you can get tips that have an almost yellow tinge to them.

Someone has found my post very patronising and I dont understand why - I was stating a fact. Please explain why it is patronising.

I have in the past bought less expensive tips and whilst some are very good others vary greatly in colour from one box to another.

naturalnails said:
Someone has found my post very patronising and I dont understand why - I was stating a fact. Please explain why it is patronising.

I have in the past bought less expensive tips and whilst some are very good others vary greatly in colour from one box to another.
if this is of any help I have only ever bought Star Nail tips and they are made from using virgin abs but are still cheaper than other brands but not all - which makes me ask why is they a massive difference in quality or do we sometimes pay for the brand name?

One thing I can say about their tips when I pre-blend and taylor they rarely split on me and they are consistantly the same quality, which is good and the one area of their system that I have no problems with....

Hiya

I have come across slightly different colours in tips before but only with french ones. And once they are overlayed they looked the same!!

naturalnails said:
Some companies recycle the tip trees over and over again so sometimes you can get tips that have an almost yellow tinge to them.

I bought some tips from NSI a while back and they were so yellow i couldn't use them! :rolleyes:

naturalnails said:
Creative tips are more expensive because they are Virgin ABS plastic. Some companies recycle the tip trees over and over again so sometimes you can get tips that have an almost yellow tinge to them.

millenium are abs plastic too ...and i always thought the tips yellowing could maybe be caused by too much exposure to light...i.e they havent been kept in a good container before use.

I think its a trial and error thing. I only use tips from Alida as they are ABS and work well for me.

It is really important to make sure the tips you use are ABS (acrylonitrile-butadine-styrene) plastic. They go through more drying cycles, so have better adhesion and are more flexible.

Cheap tips are normally, but not always, made from acetate which is re-cycled plastic. That is why the colour varies. They also contain oil so you may get lifting even if you are doing everything right, and are harder to blend, sometimes causing friction burns. Acetate tips tend to "curl" away from the natural nail.

Ask the supplier what they are made from, or ask for a sample to try before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back