Using foil for nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emelda

Reaction score
Hi
I'm wondering if there is any trick when use in a foil when decorating on acrylic or gel nails? I'm really having trouble trying to get the foil off evenly or in one piece like the design I'm have to go over it again and again can anyone help thank you

Hi
I'm wondering if there is any trick when use in a foil when decorating on acrylic or gel nails? I'm really having trouble trying to get the foil off evenly or in one piece like the design I'm have to go over it again and again can anyone help thank you

Im not sure about acrylic but with gel are you leaving the sticky residue on before slowly pressing on the foil evenly across the nail? I find that leaving the tacky layer acts somewhat as a glue, if not I know naio nails sells a product for foils to stick easier and this may definitely be worth looking into for acrylic. I'll find the link

They don’t always come off in one go unfortunately. I find foils a bit of a faff, a bit like stamping and can be time consuming.
Nail glue then use a lint free pad or cotton pad and press firmly all over then lift the foul slowly so you can press down any bits that haven’t stuck

Foil glue worked brilliant for me, bought one from EBay called The Edge

Latest posts

Back