Using glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm wanting to have a go at glitter tips......to get a dense cover without affecting the integrity of the enhancement is there a recommended ratio of glitter to powder (I use CND) I assume I would mix it with clear powder then apply as normal. (p.s. I usually sculpt)

If anyone has any other tips it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Lou x

Hi geeks, I'm wanting to have a go at glitter tips......to get a dense cover without affecting the integrity of the enhancement is there a recommended ratio of glitter to powder (I use CND) I assume I would mix it with clear powder then apply as normal. (p.s. I usually sculpt)

If anyone has any other tips it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Lou x
For a perfect mix ratio mix half glitter and half powder together. It depends on what look you want to achieve regarding the colour of the acrylic, so you could use what ever colour you like. Hth:)

Is there a good gel/glitter ratio? I am not so great with acrylics, it wasn't my strong point in nail school but I love gels and would like to be able to mix my own glitter gels to cut on costs if possible.

Hiya, I would like to have a go at the glitter too. What glitter are you all using? Is there a big difference in glitters?!

Thanks x

I was always told no more than 25% glitter, embelishments, etc to 75% gel.

If you want a dense colour i.e blue glitter, do one coat of blue gel then the glitter layer. That way you don't see any bits missing glitter.

Latest posts

Back