Using Igora Royal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabanana

Reaction score
Any advice would be great to this very first post by a very new member(2 minutes ago)
I use Igora Royal and have a very nice natural looking mid blonde goldish colour. I am heading off the sun for a month and want to make sure it does not get brassy and orange. So, would a medium blonde beige or just a medium blonde be okay? I am going to use 9% creme activator with it.
Thanks peeps
annabanana

Hi. Are you a professional hairdresser?

xx

just an enthusiastic amateur! x

Thankyou for the profile message to say you were waiting for a reply to my reply to your question.

Good luck with it, and im pleased that you are an enthusiastic amateur.
I was just asking, and curious as to whether you were a professional hairdresser.

Last edited:
use your normal colour then tone it with either like a 10/1 semi or 9 1/2 /19 with 3%, those shades are designed strictly for toning blonde.

Failing that buy yourself a bottle of Scwarzkopf BC Silver Shampoo - it is an ESSENTIAL for a blonde! its blue/purple looks like ink and so neutralises any yellow tones that may occur - much better than actually changing your hair colour if you love it.

[FONT=&quot]Hiya,
I don't mean to sound harsh but you are asking advice on how to use professional products on yourself.
I think many would agree that using these products would be best left to your hairdresser who has been trained to use them correctly.[/FONT]

xx:hug:xx

I only ever colour my own hair after a hideous professional treatment! And so far I have been very successful. It is still attached to my head and I have had loads of compliments!
I guess I will just use another medium blonde and cover up in the sun.
Thanks for the warning though, as I know how easy it can be to wreck your hair. x

Thanks for your advice. Very much appreciated. x
use your normal colour then tone it with either like a 10/1 semi or 9 1/2 /19 with 3%, those shades are designed strictly for toning blonde.

Failing that buy yourself a bottle of Scwarzkopf BC Silver Shampoo - it is an ESSENTIAL for a blonde! its blue/purple looks like ink and so neutralises any yellow tones that may occur - much better than actually changing your hair colour if you love it.

Thanks Divalou

I only ever colour my own hair after a hideous professional treatment! And so far I have been very successful. It is still attached to my head and I have had loads of compliments!
Thanks for the warning though, as I know how easy it can be to wreck your hair. x

[FONT=&quot]Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with you previous hairdresser.:hug:
There are many excellent hairdressers that are members of this site

Why not post a thread on consumer queries to find one in your area?

HTH[/FONT]

xx:hug:xx

Thanks I may just try that. Sorry if my replies are sparse.... I am very new to this. x

Glad to hear it Annabanana.

Have you thought about training yourself to become a hairdresser?

It seems a shame to let your enthusiasm go to waste.

There are a lot of highly trained and highly skilled hairdressers on this site who have taken the time to learn the profession and become qualified, and as this is a professional site for professionals most would agree that we cant give out advise to someone who is not trained , and is using professional products.
You can do a lot of harm if you dont know what you are doing.

Same goes for nails and beauty as well as hairdressing.

Elaine x

Point taken I will try elsewhere for information and advice. x

Latest posts

Back