Using pinky finger while doing nail art on clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
Hi everyone, have a bit of a dilemma. When im doing my nail art I make the designs so much better when the clients hand is flat on the table and im drawing on the nail as though im drawing on paper.. People have told me to use my pinky finger to balance while doing a clients nails but this is almost impossible for me to do without making 20 mistakes As the design comes out shaky.
Can you ladies give me some advice? In the industry do we have to use our pinky finger? And tell me what you personally prefer and how you make it work for you

I do use my pinky to balance on my other hand, whilst holding the clients finger between thumb and index finger of my other. Not sure whether that makes sense!

If it works for you then do it . Yes using the pinky finger for balance is good but you don't HAVE to do it

If you get your designs better doing it your way then dont worry about what others say
x

Whatever works for you! I wouldn't worry, clients are only happy about the end result! X

I am the same as you! I recently did a course and my trainer insisted I rested my small finger on the other hand like you say (I haven't described it well I know lol) but I just cant do it although she made me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am the same as you! I recently did a course and my trainer insisted I rested my small finger on the other hand like you say (I haven't described it well I know lol) but I just cant do it although she made me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

LMAO! just suck it up n be patient til you leave. Those things aren't worth making a habit theyre so miniscule and silly. My teacher tells me that I cant put additives in acrylic. In my head im like "oh you're so full of crap."

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

At the end of the day, if what you are doing already gives you good results, just carry on with it!

Latest posts

Back