Using Rhinestones with Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleloftus

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Arty Geeks!

I am new to extensions (I completed my private college course about two weeks ago and am now in the process of building a NVQ portfolio) and would really appreciate some help!

I am doing some family nails for my nephews christening in a couple of weeks time. My sister would like a set of gel nails for the occassion and also likes the idea of having rhinestones set into the gel so that they don't 'ping' off.

Please could someone explain how this is done. I am guessing that you put tip etc on as per usual, then first coat of gel. However, do you cure this and then put the rhinestone in or do you put the rhinestone in and then cure, and then follow with the second layer of gel etc?

Please can someone help me! I really want to get it right for her - I am a bit of a perfectionist and so would hate to do something wrong!

Thanks Geeks
Carole xxx

Hi there,

I do them last after I have applied, cured & shaped my builder gel, I then put a coat of thin self leveling gel, place the rhinestone in that & cure then put another thin coat over the top & cure. They last until they grow out this way!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back