using scrubfresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
I keep reading all the good things about Scrubfresh, and i gather that you 'scrub' the natural nail with it using a lint free pad. Can anyone tell me why you actually scrub the nail ?

When I did my course, i was told to just spray the nails with the dehydrator spray, and not to touch them with fingers before applying the primer and l&p.

Do you think it's actually better to use scrubfresh, or should i just stick with the dehydrator spray that goes with the system i use?

Hi, who did you do your training with. I did mine with Star Nails and was taught to spray a lint free pad with the dehydrater spray, then you rub the nail with a few times untill it squeeks, making sure that the nail is clean and grease free. After that you aren't supposed to touch them before applying product as you could then contaminate them. Hope this helps.

mandy_moo_64 said:
I keep reading all the good things about Scrubfresh, and i gather that you 'scrub' the natural nail with it using a lint free pad. Can anyone tell me why you actually scrub the nail ?

When I did my course, i was told to just spray the nails with the dehydrator spray, and not to touch them with fingers before applying the primer and l&p.

Do you think it's actually better to use scrubfresh, or should i just stick with the dehydrator spray that goes with the system i use?

Hi Mandy - :lol: bless you don't actually scrub the nail you give it a really good rub paying attention to the nail folds - but with the Scrub Fresh you can't get this on your nail tips - unlike say Stars Dehydrator

I personally like to use Scrub Fresh - visually to me it does seem to remove more natural oils on the nail plate than other brands i have used....

And I use it with all of my systems (Star, OPi and Fabric) htp

Scrubfresh is used in the "PREP" application of enhancement it is used to gently dehydrate the nail bed it elminates pathegins (spelling error :rolleyes: otherwise known as germs).

Its a great product, using it will really help if you have problems like lifting etc.

Remember its name "Scrub" fresh you must scrub the nail with as if removing red polish

Fab Freak said:
Hi Mandy - :lol: bless you don't actually scrub the nail you give it a really good rub paying attention to the nail folds - but with the Scrub Fresh you can't get this on your nail tips - unlike say Stars Dehydrator

I personally like to use Scrub Fresh - visually to me it does seem to remove more natural oils on the nail plate than other brands i have used....

Hi Lou: what happens if it goes on the tips???

To answer Carol's question, why not use ScrubFresh on the tip?

ScrubFresh is a dehydrator and it thoroughly removes oil from the surface of the nails.

Nail tips are made with oil in the production, therefore using ScrubFresh on a tip would remove oil from the tip and could cause dehydration and cracking.

ScrubFresh can be used with any system, and is unique in leaving pathogen fighting agents behind in the nail plate to guard against infection. It is a much stronger cleanser and sanitiser than a spray on alcohol based sanitizer.

You do need to scrub the nail plate gently as if you were removing red enamel as was said above.

:o i dont know

Thanks geeks for all your replies.

I was trained with the NGA system, which i do love to work with, but i sometimes have problems with lifting, so i wondered if scrubfresh would be a good idea.
Think i'll give it a go, as Geeg says it can be used with any system.
I was taught to spray the nails with dehydrator, but not to touch it as this would prevent it from doing it's job properly

The GMG made a speach about this at the Colchester Seminar ....and did a cool movement to go with it lol ......You had to be there to appreciate this one lol..............

Think of a dirty pot that needs cleaning............are you just gonna spray it, then rinse it to clean it, would you be happy that it was all clean and hygienic????? Or are you gonna scrub it, then rinse and then in turn have a prefect clean pot..!!!!!!!

Like Geeg said you scrub like you would have to if you where to remove red nail enamel and we all know that is a good scrubbing lol...............
Like Geeg also said it is called scrubfresh not wipe fresh or pat fresh lol................

HTH

Fab Freak said:

:o Sorry rub and scrub mean the same (i am dim) I thought of scrub as in brush - ill keep me trap shut next time.... :o

Cheers Ruth. Always a pleasure when someone remembers one of my stupid analogies ;)

To add to everyones answers... The most basic reason you scrub instead of spray is because oil and contaminants do not evaporate! Therefore you need to scrub it off the nail.
Sure its easier to spray a cleanser on the nail, but its 10x more effective to scrub.

Yeahhhh sounds great stuff where can I get it from? !! I would definately like to try scrub fresh!!! :cool: Sounds very good from what you all say I want some now. :) :) :lol: Can someone give me the telephone number of the supplier thanks ;)

Loo xx

Fab Freak said:
:o Sorry rub and scrub mean the same (i am dim) I thought of scrub as in brush - ill keep me trap shut next time.... :o
Oh babe no dont do that, you know we love ya xxxxx
But I think of scrubbing .........ok like rubbing only with a bit more elbow grease......

loo said:
Yeahhhh sounds great stuff where can I get it from? !! I would definately like to try scrub fresh!!! :cool: Sounds very good from what you all say I want some now. :) :) :lol: Can someone give me the telephone number of the supplier thanks ;)

Loo xx
Designer Nails Leeds ...........Tel. 01132755719
HTH

Thanks Ruth xxxx :D

Now I'm a wee bit concerned!! I use brush on Primer which has really helped in stopping any lifting which I was having a real problem with. Should I be using Dehydrating spray instead of brush on primer or both? Can anybody recommend a good product for keeping the nail and files etc. clean? I've just been using a watered down solution of Savlon (as taught for my NVQ) for nails but would love to know what other Nail Techs use for keeping their files clean. I use Barbicide for metal tools.

I Brush all my files clean of any dust, then I spray them with Chlorispray.

I do this before and after every client and I do it while they are watching.

Chlorispray is a fantastic easy disinfectant that is hospital grade, is inexpensive, comes in an ozone free spary cannister. There cannot be an easier way tro disinfect both metal tools and abrasives than this product. Just leave on for 10 minutes for thorough disinfection. This product soes more than sanitize and will disinfect any hard surface.

Designer Nails sell this product and it has been sucessfully used by technicians for years. I like anything easy .. if it is effective and not a short cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back