Using Shellac but which man/ped range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.Dupree

Reaction score
So I'm a little bit excited to be opening my own little place soon but I'm having 1 dilemma ....
I use shellac (while I was mobile) so have all the equipment but at my other work for the past 6 yrs i used jessica for man/ped and also trained in GELeration so which brand do I go with or do I have both!
I prefer jessica for there normal polish range and zen spa..
But I don't want to really outlay for GELeration when I already have and love shellac!
So do you think it would be silly to use shellac and have jessica polish.
How can something so simple be stressing me out so much!!!
I hope this makes sense I feel like I've been trying to explain this to my boyfriend, dad, neighbour.... And no 1 understands why it's a big decision:cry:

I use shellac and my work uses Geleration, I much prefer shellac, I always feel my nails are in a bad condition after Geleration. There's nothing wrong with using Jessica normal polish and shellac - I know of a couple of salons in my area who do this!
Personally, I'm not keen on Jessica, I use essie along side shellac (I have started building up cnds colour and effects range, but I believe this is being discontinued -so back to good old essie!)
As long as its a product that you enjoy -and love- working with!
Good luck with your salon!

Thanks for your reply only you guys on here would understand :hug:
My O H thinks I'm being a bit pathetic lol but I didn't want it to look unprofessional with a mixture of all different stuff.

I've never used Essie before I guess im just comfortable with Jessica as I've used it for so long and as I'm still on a flexi contract at the spa they pay for any Jessica refresher or updated training which is another bonus!

Better get my butt in gear and choose as opening day is quickly approaching eek xxx

I use shellac and all Cnd products associated including scentsations, and then OPI regular polish and mani/pedi products.

X

No, ur quite right! Obv u want to get it right first time as it will b costly if u decide to change ur mind later on! Xx

I use shellac with CND mani/pedi products. I then use Orly for my normal polish. I had started to change over to CND colour and effects which I loved but as someone's already mentioned the range is being discontinued so I'm sticking with Orly.

I know just where you're coming from stressing over every decision as I'm deciding on new decor / furniture / equipment etc for my clinic extension and refurb. I'm driving everybody crazy with the amount of times I change my mind.

Hope it all goes well x

Latest posts

Back