Using stick tip for pre bonds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanleigh93

Reaction score
Hi guys!

A very quick and urgent question, I have a client who I fitted micro rings for but she isn't getting on with them due to her hair being very short and fine (I did try to make her go for pre bonds but she wanted to give rings a try first as she was sceptical about glue on hair.)
She now wants me to do bonds instead but use the hair she has as its only 2 weeks old! She was going to get them retipped but I was wondering if you think it may be possible for me to just use the stick instead of having the hair retipped and lose length, also to save her some money?

Any suggestions? x

It depends, as they have already been in her hair the glue used for the stick tip has been in contact with products etc. take one out and test if it can be remelted and use nail tip pliers to make into pre bonds (you will need more keratin) but as its been 'used' it may not do this and may need to trim off the tip and make into pre bonds. She will loose a little length but only like a cm. xxx

Hi guys!

A very quick and urgent question, I have a client who I fitted micro rings for but she isn't getting on with them due to her hair being very short and fine (I did try to make her go for pre bonds but she wanted to give rings a try first as she was sceptical about glue on hair.)
She now wants me to do bonds instead but use the hair she has as its only 2 weeks old! She was going to get them retipped but I was wondering if you think it may be possible for me to just use the stick instead of having the hair retipped and lose length, also to save her some money?

Any suggestions? x

It won't work too well,we tried this with a client of ours with a metal allergy who wanted to reuse the stick tip hair;we added more keratin with pre bonds/nail tips and it worked but they slipped out and didn't hold x

I tried shrink links only mum abd ubfortunatly she didn't like them as they can slip easy! So just snipped the end off and re tipped as a pre bond and it was fine abd the missing length was UN noticeable x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I would have done shrinkies, iv never had a problem with them slipping? X

She has very fine hair so this is why but we wanted to try it on her hair before fusion :) they haven't skipped in thicker hair but I Defo won't be using them on doke hair :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back