using the word 'Creative'???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me, are you allowed to use 'Creative' in your salon name e.g: Creative nails & beauty.....????

Or is there any type of copyright law? :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

No copyright law: the word "creative" is an adjective and there's no reason not to use it as long as you are not trying to claim you are Creative trained when you aren't. There was a post recently with somebody having the word "creative" in their name and being concerned about it - do a search and i'm sure you'll find it.

Carole Lindsay said:
No copyright law: the word "creative" is an adjective and there's no reason not to use it as long as you are not trying to claim you are Creative trained when you aren't. There was a post recently with somebody having the word "creative" in their name and being concerned about it - do a search and i'm sure you'll find it.
Totally agree, that would be like someone stopping you from saying an artist is creative! or your child is creative.

i saw the thread on it recently, afraid to say that some people who have paid out lots of money to do a creative course don't agree as it is slightly miss-leading, which maybe it could be,(and you can see their veiw point-but again, it is not only a brand it is a word) but it is a different veiw from everybody.

i beleive one question is, do all clients out there even know what creative is/ (yes, i know a few do!)

The name Creative Nail Design could not be used. This name is registered.

The name of the company is not Creative. It is Creaive Nail Design Ltd.

i panicked on reading this (mega) ive just had a pm of geek putting me right on it tho - on my welcome page i state that i use opi and CREATIVE NAIL DESIGN products - but thanks to geeg i can sleep easy - im not doing anything wrong - hope this helps you chuck

Latest posts

Back