Using toner made hair go purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushtresses

Reaction score
Hi there folks,
Have been colouring for 2 years now and am still learning!
Basically I used a toner to bring a yellowish blonde up to a platinum - so I used Paintbox by Fudge - a whiter shade of pale - and hair lightened to no end but had an awful purpley tinge, so I quickly got an empty mixing bowl and took a squirt of a warmer toner and mixed it with water n shampoo and washed it over, and it took the purple out without dulling the white blonde.
my question is - why did this happen? did I use the wrong stuff - I mean it was only on a matter of 3 mins and it had stained the hair purple!

help me please!

Perfectly normal, your hair is very porous meaning what you put on it, will grab to it quickly. Be thankful it went purpley colour :) but it would of washed out quickly as whiter shade of pale is a toner.

Perfectly normal, your hair is very porous meaning what you put on it, will grab to it quickly. Be thankful it went purpley colour :) but it would of washed out quickly as whiter shade of pale is a toner.

i learnt the hard way too. even silver shampoo still grabs to mine. a good old wash and that soon sorts it out x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

thanks everyone for the quick replys, so a good scrub at the hair shud take it out?x

Whiter shade of pale is actually a mixer toner - to lighten other toners to pastel although it says you can use it on its own. I found it grabbed the finer sections at the front o my hair and made them purple too.

It washes out after a couple of washes anyway. Mix it with shampoo if you want to continue using it x

Whiter shade of pale is actually a mixer toner - to lighten other toners to pastel although it says you can use it on its own. I found it grabbed the finer sections at the front o my hair and made them purple too.

It washes out after a couple of washes anyway. Mix it with shampoo if you want to continue using it x

Thanks so much! our tutor at school didnt really tell us much about purple toners, she tended to stick to the milkshakes and loreal ash tones

Thanks so much! our tutor at school didnt really tell us much about purple toners, she tended to stick to the milkshakes and loreal ash tones

:0 that's terrible!! It really does shock me what some places don't think to tell you, but to be fair I was teaching the lecturers when I trained lol x

:0 that's terrible!! It really does shock me what some places don't think to tell you, but to be fair I was teaching the lecturers when I trained lol x

I know what you mean when I was training, I knew more about diluting down peroxide than my tutor did...pure basics!

I know what you mean when I was training, I knew more about diluting down peroxide than my tutor did...pure basics!

That's nothing, we were having product traiing on tigi...this is when it was exclusive!! And she told us to use control freak serum on dry hair!! I kindly pointed out it would look like snot if used in dry hair! Haha scary!!!

That's nothing, we were having product traiing on tigi...this is when it was exclusive!! And she told us to use control freak serum on dry hair!! I kindly pointed out it would look like snot if used in dry hair! Haha scary!!!

You always make me giggle x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back