Using too much tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Ramsey

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i bought the L.A. spray tan kit with the hvlp machine.... i am out a fortune doing spray tans as im using about 200mls per person!!!! i know this is wayyy to much ... has Anyone else has this issue with these machines? Xx

there are one of two problems here that are possabilities
1) you need to turn down your outlet volume on your machine
2) look at your technique ...the optimum amount of solution should be in the order of 25/30ml ...200 is far to much and could cause running as well as considerable revenue loss

Turn the gun output down and get closer in to the working area therefore reducing the amount of solution being applied to the skin as well as overspray

HTH and good luck

Turn down the dial on the back of the gun so you cant pull the trigger then turn it approx quater of a turn xx

there are one of two problems here that are possabilities
1) you need to turn down your outlet volume on your machine
2) look at your technique ...the optimum amount of solution should be in the order of 25/30ml ...200 is far to much and could cause running as well as considerable revenue loss

Turn the gun output down and get closer in to the working area therefore reducing the amount of solution being applied to the skin as well as overspray

HTH and good luck

25ml per client?! I wish I could cover my clients with 25ml! 40-50ml is about average for mine, and I thought across the board?

25ml per client?! I wish I could cover my clients with 25ml! 40-50ml is about average for mine, and I thought across the board?
I agree. I also use 40-50ml xx

That is SO much!! You need to take a look at your machine outputs and try not to get trigger happy. Also check that while cleaning you haven’t forgotten to put the needle back in the gun that controls the trigger flow. Giving it a clean anyway and taking the needle out and resetting it might help, it could have gotten stuck from build up and then dislodged to let out too much product.

If absolutely loads is coming out of the gun, move much faster til you figure out the problem. If you are going slow they will end up sipping wet. If you see drips running down their legs you are too close and using too much. Think mist from afar haha.

I have a ts20 x

I have a ts20 x

Try placing a long piece of couch roll on the floor, then do as donnamich suggests, turn your dial so nothing comes out, then gradually turn it and spray onto the couch roll. You should get a gradual increase in spray coverage, so see if that works. If it does, put a mark on the dial so you know where it should always be. If it doesn't make any difference I would contact LA Tan as they are pretty good at sorting problems out.

Also don't spray anyone twice in one session! It does NOT make them darker with two spray, this is also a waste of tan ✌️

Latest posts

Back