using white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
couple of questions here.

When you use a white tip do you put clear powder over the white and then pink on the nail bed or just pink all over

When you have to reballance do you then use white powder over the white tip and then the pink or what do you do

HI

I put pink powder all over the nail and tip it looks fine, the white tips are so white it doesnt affect them or ...if it does it's very subtle and ....I had my hair done yesterday and my hairdresser would not believe that my nails weren't REAL I am really chuffed as I am a fairly 'newbie geek'

Hope that helps..

Thanks

Hi I also have a question on french white tips. After application are you just meant to remove the shine or can you belnd as in natural tips so that they are thin before gel etc application? I put some on my guinea pig daughter after cutting most of the well out and then only removed the shine. They looked okay but I would have preferred them to be much thinner looking so that they looked more natural. Have not used white tips in the past.

lindag said:

When you use a white tip do you put clear powder over the white and then pink on the nail bed or just pink all over

When you have to reballance do you then use white powder over the white tip and then the pink or what do you do

Hi Linda,

With white tips I always use clear powder for a very clean crisp look, the pink or natural tend to look a bit 'off' over white tips (I find!), when it comes to the rebalance I treat it like a normal pink and white.

J xx

NeetNailz said:
Hi I also have a question on french white tips. After application are you just meant to remove the shine or can you belnd as in natural tips so that they are thin before gel etc application? I put some on my guinea pig daughter after cutting most of the well out and then only removed the shine. They looked okay but I would have preferred them to be much thinner looking so that they looked more natural. Have not used white tips in the past.

Hi there!

With white tips I do the pre-tailoring, then remove the shine with an Ezflow Sand Shark and thin out the free edge gently with a 180 file avoiding the smile line as if you file into this it all goes a bit wonky!

J xx

lindag said:

Hya if I use white tips I use clear over the tips and pink in zone 2 and 3 I find this makes the white look nice a sharp and then on follow up app white powder to replace smile line that has grown out and pink in zone 2 and three.

Take care Dawnie xx

NeetNailz said:

When using white tips I pre tailor and then just buff off the shine.

Take care Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxxx

Am I a cheat...found somewhere on ebay that sells white tips...need no blending...easy peasy there is a slight ridge so IF you did want to do Pink on zone 2/3 it would be easy and a clear over the white.

MINKUS said:
Am I a cheat...found somewhere on ebay that sells white tips...need no blending...easy peasy there is a slight ridge so IF you did want to do Pink on zone 2/3 it would be easy and a clear over the white.

Hiya

Hiya not sure what you mean no white tips need blending I do pre tailor my white tips to get a deeper smile line and to get a correct fit for each client.

Take care Dawnie xx

When I do white tips, I apply creative's blush pink powder all over the nail. When they come back for their fills, I do not rebalance the white. My clients can wear the white tip with two fills before their nail starts to show. After that, I usually paint over them or I paint nail art or airbrush to cover their nail. I do not blend the tip when I begin. I just buff the tip to remove the shine.

Nidia

I have used white tips only a couple of times, but i only buff the tip to remove the shine. I cut most of the well out and just buff it to make the smile even. I still believe in using white L&P over the tip as then the tip gives you a guide line to go by, so they all end up even, then it makes it easier when it comes to reballance.

Also gives you practise at applying your pink and whites, i certainly am one of those that needs the practise.....lol.

Latest posts

Back