UV gel !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
can anybody help! recently qualified as a nail tech, and am having problems with my uv gel extensions, i am doing the correct prep, but nails only seem to last a few days, i use the edge uv gel

can anyone recommend a decent uv gel, i am newly qualified and trained with the edge products, which i carried on using, but after the correct prep my extensions just dont last and come off a few days later in one peice

What do you consider 'the correct' PREP? How do you know you are being thorough enough and removing all cuticle?

Allot of newbies say they are 'doing the correct PREP' and it turns out time after time that they are not. PREP is more than a few steps with the recommended products .. It can even appear that you have removed allot of cuticle, but ... Have you removed it all?

can anyone recommend a decent uv gel, i am newly qualified and trained with the edge products, which i carried on using, but after the correct prep my extensions just dont last and come off a few days later in one peice

In this case I have highlighted that you are newly qualified. 'Doing nails' is not easy and you cannot expect to come straight off a course and be totally competant.

I have never used The Edge so cannot have an opinion on the quality of their gel, however I would recommend looking at FingerNailFixer's video on Youtube before declaring your prep 'correct'. I'm not being patronising but that video really shows how to prepare a nail.

IMHO you need to consolidate your learning to date before looking at other products.

Hth's

hiya...i only posted about this last week...i trained with edge aswell and was havin the same problem and geeg posted a nail prep video for me and my god i thought i was doin my prep correctly when i watched the video i realised i was not....i also got a sample of the ibd gel have done a few sets this week and i have had no complaints and no one calling me back thank god and i much prefer the ibd to the edge :biggrin:

thanks for the vid, seems my prep is not as right as i thought lol !

Mine wasn't either till I discovered CND :D

I love using Bio-Gel. It is fantastic stuff. No acrylic in it either. Holistic nail system. No probs so far :lol:

The Edge is an awful product to work with. I personally love NSI Balance but there are many others out there that are good quality professional brands. Work on your prep and find a good gel that suits you x

The Edge is an awful product to work with. I personally love NSI Balance but there are many others out there that are good quality professional brands. Work on your prep and find a good gel that suits you x

I have to say, the poor old Edge products are taking quite a battering on the nail forum in the last couple of days.

There are high end, low end and middle of the road products and I think most will figure out in the end where the products they are using fit in to the scheme of things if they are serious about doing nails as a profession ... At CND we always say, "the cream always rises to the top" and it is true. :biggrin:

Many colleges seem to have finally got the idea with skin care products .. That students need to work with better end brands if they are going to be well prepared to enter the beauty industry (that is after all supposed to be the job of colleges isn't it? To prepare students to enter the industry?). Now they are teaching with brands such as Dermalogica. They should do the same with nails in my opinion.

What a great video! Thank you for the recommendation! I definitely wasn't prepping thoroughly enough! I'm going to make my way through all of her videos!

Latest posts

Back