UV lamp advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bufkiboo

Reaction score
Hi All

I was looking at purchasing a UV Lamp - im actually doing acrylics at the moment but wanted to use the NSI Glaze N Go product and wondered if the lamps that i have seen on ebay for approx £15 are sufficient - Described as

36W UV Lamp Light Gel Curing Timer Nail Dryer with 4 x 9W Blubs

I will hopefully also be doing shellac at some point in the future, would this lamp work for this too or would i need a different one again?

Many Thanks in advance.

Bufki

There are two sticky threads at the top of this forum which you would do well to read, covers many of these frequently asked questions so good place to start with all you answers in one place!

Short of it is - no!! You can only use the CND lamp to cure shellac and noone on here will advise you to use any products or electrical items bought from ebay. Who knows if there are up to regulations or safe or counterfeit or what! :eek:

Choose your system and choose the lamp to go with it.

You might think you're saving yourself money but in the long run it will cost you more, more clients and more money.

Have a search on here you'll find you should be steering clear of ebay, there is a reason we are professional.

Good luck.

Hi All

I was looking at purchasing a UV Lamp - im actually doing acrylics at the moment but wanted to use the NSI Glaze N Go product and wondered if the lamps that i have seen on ebay for approx £15 are sufficient - Described as

I will hopefully also be doing shellac at some point in the future, would this lamp work for this too or would i need a different one again?

Many Thanks in advance.

Bufki

I have purchased a uv lamp from eBay, and it was a waste of money! It was a cheap piece of crap. The bulbs wouldn't all come on and after about a month of using it, it quit working. It was a waste of money.

You should purchase the uv lamp from the manufacturer of the system that you are using.

Thanks for your helpful replies, I think i may go for the CND Lamp which I believe will be fine for Glaze N Go and obviously is the only one to use for Shellac.

Hi All

Many Thanks in advance.

Bufki
Hi huni,
I would say, speak to the guys at NSI UK and ask them which lamp they recommend. I would hate to see you waste money on something that may or may not work with their product.
Would it work with CND Shellac?, nope, to use CND Shellac sucessfully and guarantee correct curing you will need to use the CND UV lamp that is part of the CND Shellac system.
HTH xxxx

Latest posts

Back