UV lamp for Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
Why doesn't gelish have a lamp? What are you gelish users using to cure the product?
I have tried searching and i cannot find anything on it? :)

As far as I am aware you can use any UV lamp to cure Gelish I am using my fab new CND one successfully.

I believe Nail Harmony have new LED lamps coming soon which cure more quickly.

hth's

i to am using my brisa lamp cant wait for the led lamp to come out tho

i believe the led is out... and u can use any uv light to cure gelish :idea:so more money to spend on wicked colours yipee xxxx ive just got the mint icing sparkly green and caution a fab dark blue to add to my collection.:hug: elisa

Thanks very much. I have the Brisa lamp and will be buying the New Shellac lamp when available so didn't want to buy an additional one. I was more worried for my beauty friend who is also interested in gelish but doesn't want the expense in buying a separate lamp.

Gelish can be cured with any 36w UV lamp but also with the new LED lamp which is due out this month. Not available at the moment but is expected by the end of the month. The LED lamp will make curing a lot quicker but there is no need to buy any other lamp if you do not want to.

I wasn't sure about the Brisa lamp but I think someone here said that it worked fine. :lol:

When a product is cured using any old UV Lamp .. that only makes it that much easier for the public to get hold of the pro product and use it themselves.

Personally I'm glad Shallac can only be cured with the CND UV Lamps ... makes it that much more exclusive and purely professional, which I .like .... Allot!! :green:

Hi Guys ,
As correctly stated you can of course use your existing 36w lamp to cure Gelish fantastic news for all you hard working nail technicians during this current economic climate. However the unique and innovative LED Lamp is an optional extra to cure in seconds.. which sets Gelish in a class of its own. With so many wonderful new products out there its a wonderful time to linked to nail world..

x

When a product is cured using any old UV Lamp .. that only makes it that much easier for the public to get hold of the pro product and use it themselves.

Personally I'm glad Shallac can only be cured with the CND UV Lamps ... makes it that much more exclusive and purely professional, which I .like .... Allot!! :green:

OHHH! Does that mean that the new lamps are in? Last time I checked, I think it was you that said that they were stuck on a stranded ship some where :irked: I have been eagerly waiting 2 MONTHS for mine! I have been using Shellac though with just a normal 36 watt lamp, works fine, no product break down or anything, perfect nails every time... really! :lol:

OHHH! Does that mean that the new lamps are in? Last time I checked, I think it was you that said that they were stuck on a stranded ship some where :irked: I have been eagerly waiting 2 MONTHS for mine! I have been using Shellac though with just a normal 36 watt lamp, works fine, no product break down or anything, perfect nails every time... really! :lol:

Hi HDC .. starting to think maybe the ship they on is the Titanic ?? hehe.
We are eagerly awaiting as much as you and as soon as we open the box we'll start sending them out !! Thanks for being patient tho .. we have had ONE for demos and they really are worth the wait xx:)

Hi HDC .. starting to think maybe the ship they on is the Titanic ?? hehe.
We are eagerly awaiting as much as you and as soon as we open the box we'll start sending them out !! Thanks for being patient tho .. we have had ONE for demos and they really are worth the wait xx:)

Hahahahaha! Very funny, watched that film just last night :p I do think you misunderstood though, I was saying to geeg about the new CND lamps, not your new lamps. Not sure if you are aware about the CND lamp issue, but tbh, its not too great, getting a wee bit bored of waiting now!

Just checked out your new lamp though and it does look very snazzy! 30 seconds! Wow! That really would help, so much time is wasted just waiting around, and time lost is money lost! I do currently use shellac, but I do like the colours of gelish! If your new lamp come out before the CND ones, I might just have to think about investing in your LED lamp and gelish, but we will see if CND are going to sort this out.

HDC x

Hahahahaha! Very funny, watched that film just last night :p I do think you misunderstood though, I was saying to geeg about the new CND lamps, not your new lamps. Not sure if you are aware about the CND lamp issue, but tbh, its not too great, getting a wee bit bored of waiting now!

Just checked out your new lamp though and it does look very snazzy! 30 seconds! Wow! That really would help, so much time is wasted just waiting around, and time lost is money lost! I do currently use shellac, but I do like the colours of gelish! If your new lamp come out before the CND ones, I might just have to think about investing in your LED lamp and gelish, but we will see if CND are going to sort this out.

HDC x

Ohh I see HDC ... well we are in the same boat (ouch excuse the pun) lol Its soo hard to judge with these things when it comes to importing and supply.
Every company is trying their hardest to get their products in .. its frustrating when its not INSTANT.. Im tempted to go swim some back for everyone :)

The LED lamp is a dream !! its sooo cute and tiny!!

tell you what ill swim out there for the led lamp im that excited about getting one,i love gelish fab colours,

Just interested in how is it possible that any 36w lamp can fully cure the product when virtually all 36w lamps give off varying degrees of UV output?

Thats like saying any white powder will cure a liquid ;)

All I know is that my existing lamps cure the Gelish, it lasts 3 weeks+ without chipping, peeling, losing shine etc. Soaks off in 10 minutes and natural nails are perfect underneath. Clients are happy, I am happy. I don't know anyone, as yet who has had a curing problem but I am sure there will be some.

I am buying the LED lamp as soon as it lands, have paid the deposit and reserved it already so I will be sticking to that then but in the meantime it's my tried and trusted lamps that I will be using and earning lots of money. :green:

I, too, use a PNI 4 bulb, 36 watt lamp with Phillips bulbs to cure all 3 lines of gel polish and traditional gel and sog that I am going to continue with. As all of them only require that. As far as being "exclusive"--nothing is exclusive. Gelish and Shellac are all over the internet for sale to the general public and there is currently a big furor over here right now that there are non-licensed, non-professionals that already have the lamp when we don't. That's kinda what happens when you direct market the public and there is virtually nothing to stop it.
As far as the LED lamp goes, I don't think I will be making the investment. As a time-saver I don't think it will do anything for me since I can't polish an entire hand in the 30 second cure time anymore. I'm fine with the UV lamps that I have.

HDC x

TOTALY AGREEE ME MYSELF *** HAVE SOLD ALL MY SHELLAC !!! AND AM NOW THE VERY PROWD OWNER OF GELISH WHOOOP WHOOP .. LOVING IT . opps stole that from mcdonalds lol...:lol: the colours are fanbludy tastic .. no mixing glitter ir double coating to make new colour out of 12! i have 48 !!!!! to choose from and im well on my way to a full set :hug: x

I think the fact that UV lamps are all different and the output of the tubes and the configuration and the level of reflection is so crucial is a relatively new 'concept' for many technicians.

Trouble is this fact is taking a bit of time to 'get out there' as so many do not read!

This site is doing so much to get the correct message across but the threads and tutorials etc need to actually be read!

This degree of information and the technology being used in UV cured material is now so advanced but it is relatively new! I'd like to think that I'm pretty well up on the latest advances but this is fairly new to me! It has also been quite difficult to get to the bottom of what is exactly meant by the output!

I think it is still not as clear cut for many technicians to understand. Just saying "you MUST use the right lamp" is not enough.

It will take time! I will always keep asking "why" but the answers are still not so definite! Still a bit wishy washy.

I think the fact that UV lamps are all different and the output of the tubes and the configuration and the level of reflection is so crucial is a relatively new 'concept' for many technicians.

Although I agree with your post isn't this also a case of following manufactures advise??? I mean if a manufacturer says :"will cure under any 36 watt tunnel uv lamp" then we shouldn't be worried doing that? (I think the 36 watts is because you would need 4 bulbs, I know wattage and uv-output is NOT the same)

I think there has been loads of threads regarding using the correct lamp, but eventhough a lot seem to disregard the facts when comes to Shellac, Brisa or other brands where a specific lamp is needed (as pr instructions from those who develop them) I think there has been less people talking about these cases where manufactures actually says it will cure. Then we can always discuss whether the cheap fleabay ones will work, they might a short time, but I doubt the life of the bulbs is as long as the quality ones.

It gets me a little bit confused, but I take it this way, IF manufacturer says ok, then I can use my quality lamps??

Please correct me if I'm wrong or in any way misleading...

Latest posts

Back