UV lamp question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leesha

Reaction score
I'm wanting to try a new gel brand however I dont really want to buy their lamp incase I dont like the gel polish (I feel like it would get super expensive any time I want to test a new brand!)

I've looked at the specs of their lamp and mine is exactly the same (48w UV/LED)

Would this be okay to fully cure the new brands gel polish or do I have to go ahead and buy their lamp as well just to test? (I would buy their lamp if I love the polish)

Last edited:
Curability isn’t related to wattage. That’s just the amount of electricity that the lamp uses.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/u...-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/
If you use your lamp with another gel and it isn’t as shiny or long lasting as you’d hoped, how will you know if it’s the product or the lamp that’s causing issues?

You could use a practice hand with pop off nails to check ease of application but (from someone who has developed an allergy to gel nails) I’d be very wary of using a brand that doesn’t specify a matching lamp.

For the purposes of testing, you could use your existing UV lamp and double the recommended cure time. This is not ideal and should not be used on customers, but if you do this once on yourself it will give you an impression of the reliability of the tested product.

Yeah I wouldn't use a non branded lamp on clients just for testing purposes really!

Thank you

Latest posts

Back