uv lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

witchesmole

Reaction score
Hi
Im new here and have been doing my course but have a question if anyone can help.

Have done gels and when we went under the lamp it seemed to burn or sting for a few seconds. It this normal or is there something wrong??:confused:

witchesmole said:
Hi
Im new here and have been doing my course but have a question if anyone can help.

Have done gels and when we went under the lamp it seemed to burn or sting for a few seconds. It this normal or is there something wrong??:confused:

Hiya,
This can happen when nails are first put under lamp. You get a flash of heat, the best way to stop this is to put nails under and then remove quickley and then put under for full time needed.

What your clients are experiencing is the 'shrinkage' that happens to Gel during cure time; all products have a 'shrinkage percent' but Gels tend to be more than the other two systems!

You can also get the client to push down on the balls of their fingers.

Mrs Geek said:
What your clients are experiencing is the 'shrinkage' that happens to Gel during cure time; all products have a 'shrinkage percent' but Gels tend to be more than the other two systems!

Thanks v much

hi
it can also be felt a lot more on clients with thin nail beds so thinner layers are recommended and i was taught by LCN that the heat is caused by the friction of the gel curing. I have found that some clients feel it more than others. The soak of variety ie bio sculpture doesnt cause heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back